Sinister: sinister world

Chris Butler pants at xxx.com
Sat Jul 24 23:13:34 BST 1999

hmm...  over time, there's been loads of talk of sinister
picnics in various cities, looooooooper get-togethers,
pajama parties, etc.  i was wondering if there was a better
way we could organize our locales in a centralized place -
preferably somehow associated with our existing grande list.

ideally, there would be a list of cities/countries people could
associated their name and email with.  not necessarily
separate mailing lists or whatnot, but just a list of
people based on location.  even better would be a little
map with pins in it for everywhere people are from and
you could click on a pin/city, and see who's from there.
it'd be great for travelling - a sinister map of the world.

anyway, i'm kinda hosting the "sinister minstrels" list
of bands/musicians/labels/djs, which BTW is at the URL
http://www.therescuers.net/html/sinister-music.html
(email me if you'd like to be added to the list too!),
and maybe i could do some 'web stuff' to allow people to
post their locations on a different page.  i'd be super
happy to let someone else (honey?) host it too, just as
long as their website allows for perl scripts and whatnot.

good idea?  bad idea?  i think the map part sounds nifty... :)
(even if it'd be the hardest part to do).

senor droolcup [ peacefully stamping about the globe ]