Sinister: It Felt Like A Kiss

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Sun Jul 25 00:56:59 BST 1999

I was at Looper, umm, however many days ago they were in DC. I got there so
early I parked right in front of the club, so I could sit there and make
loud revving sounds after the show with my one cracked muffler. The opening
band was wonderful... "Khanh"... very camp and dancey, and one of the
Khanhboys stripped during the show, then sang "Fever"... not the Madonna
one, either. I was so excited I was tempted to do the same, as I had during
the Atari Teenage Riot show (I didn't sing during that show, though- just
repulsed lots of angsty teens running through the pit naked in a pair of
motorcycle boots).

But as soon as Looper started, I crashed out on one of the benches at the
back of the club, only to wake up with a gaggle of tightly-wrapped birds
peering over and wondering if it was worth it for them to check my vitals.
One of them was wearing this stunning black-and-plum number I would have
died to have ripped off of her.

Unfortunately, not. But I did catch the very last song Looper played, after
SD-Boot-Rocka apologized for having no more songs to play.  And it was
beautiful! Just fucking beautiful! Shit. I wish I'd slept more the night
before, now.

Oh- and "Crackpot" is soooo much better than any movie John Waters ever
directed, too. Particularly the chapter on why he loves Pia Zadora.

Anyway. Off to see the Magnetic Fields, now. HOOOOO HOOOOOO. I'm not
bloated, I'm swollen with love. No one I know who deserves to see them is in
town, and as for my housemate and the two sorority sisters who are visiting
her, I have three words: Hard Rock Cafe. Fuck them. See you there, everyone,
I'll be the one with the giant doe eyes mouthing every word.

                                      -Eran