Sinister: I'll take a nonfat double decaf belle and sebastian. Easy on the foam.

Taranicole at xxx.com Taranicole at xxx.com
Sun Jul 25 02:47:59 BST 1999

Don't bore us, get to the chorus, they say and so I shall.

THIS IS NOT A MEDIA HYPE
Issue: Blair Witch vs. Eyes Wide Shut.
Poor Jim Schmidt took a hiding for some of his criticisms for the a/m films,
but c'mon cut the guy some slack, eh? We're all in this together,homeez. IMHO
the movies were both swell yet flawed, but some of the reviews y'all posted
(esp for the Witch one) .....pppsh!! Kinda like "Go to the cinema and your
life will be changed!!!"  So what happens here, is everyone reading about how
pants-wettingly brilliant the film is goes to the see it and inevitably says,
"hmm, kind of a letdown, wasn't it?"
Oh nevermind.. we shouldn't be talking about this anyway, it's truly "Summer
of Sam" which is The Movie of Sinisterines, not because it covers standard
list-related topics as drug orgies and serial killers, but because a main
character in the film is a nouveau-punk W!H!O! - obsessee.  He practices his
windmills in sync to "won't get fooled again" in his Townsend-shrine of a
bedroom, and in the somber and spooky tone common amongst cult members he
breathily enthuses, "Baba O'Riley is my favorite song."  And the most
climactic scene is played out against a soundtrack of the W!H!O! You know
what this means, don't you.  Obviously, the clandestine media have once again
infiltrated our ranks, coopting thread topics to recycle for use in their own
little creative outlets... Spike, my brutha, shame on you!

I DON'T WANT YOUR... PHOTOGRAPH
Issue: Rude pictures
Someone was trying to figure out where to get some piccies of their naughty
bits developed. This problem was recently posed to the incomparable Dan
Savage in his weekly syndicated column, and the info his research yielded
went a little somethin like this...
If you take them to a large chain-operation, like Walgreen's or Safeway, they
are usually sent to an off-site facility and processed by a machine.  Another
human will probably never even see the pictures. The person who said this
*did* mention that random security checks were done, but in general you're
not likely to run into problems.  On the other hand....
If you take your pics to a place specializing in developing, like a one-hour
Photomat place, they are indeed inevitably seen by a person, so you're more
likely to get caught.  So while I cannot attest to the veracity of either of
these tidbits of info, I'm passing it along for you to exercise your personal
judgment.

COFFEE AND TV
Did i tell you that I heard "Sleep the Clock Around" playing in Starbucks a
few weeks ago?? I challenge you to describe a more serene lunch hour, than
sat in the comfy environs of a sunny (albeit monopolizing, overpriced,
corporate scum yeah yeah yeah i know) cafe, sipping a venti nonfat chai tea
latte surrounded by the lulling sounds of your favorite band.   *siiiiiiiigh*
You couldn't do it, could you?

you are my fire, my heart's desire,
tara