Sinister: Come Together

Theresa Lowe theresajlowe at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 26 13:35:01 BST 1999

er, Hello!  This is my first post to the list and I am afraid to say
that it contains smut!

I was reading The Observer yesterday and saw an article about the
dreaded NC-17 rating, apparently a film awarded this in America finds
it almost impossible to gain proper marketing for supposed "Adult"
content.  American Pie has escaped this certificate  - its a film about
four blokes who want to lose their viginity before prom night  and
there is a scene of Theres Something About Mary proportions! This is ok
but , Coming Soon has been given the certificate even though it largely
covers the same ground (ie three teenagers seeking thir first orgasm)
The only difference is that these three are women.  A spokewoman
admitted that it may have been different if it had been a boy's movie.
This is terrible!  Society seems to have a problem with female onanism.
 Mastubation is a good thing and should be encouraged, taught in
schools even.  Or not.  perhaps i should go out more often.

Anyway, moving swiftly onwards.  Eyes Wide Shut, Star Wars et al pale
into significance when compared to the new film starring MacKauley
Culkin's brother.  I say this only as my friend has just landed a role
in it as a pixie!  Jim and I got into B&S at the same time and none of
our friends really like them so its a sort of shared secret.  Jim also
introduced me to Nick Drake for which i shall be eternally gratefull.
we are both going to All Tomorrows Parties so we hope to see you all
there!  Cant guarantee any pixie costumes though.

He he, just noticed that my list crush vote has been registered.  By
the way, If Mick Cooke is reading this, will you marry me?

Yes, well, I think i have said more than enough.

Lots of Love
Theresa
xox