Sinister: An old man rambles on and then asks pleadingly for some help

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 26 14:47:17 BST 1999

Gosh it seems a long time since i have inflicted myself upon the group in
general, although #sinister people have been seeing me quite a lot as I have
discovered the wonders of the Chat room.  Hurrah for unlimited internet
access at work!  Free local phone calls in the UK NOW!  (and free computers
with lots of whizzy bits too).  I'm still trying to get my hands on some
more Tigermilk posters but no luck yet.

Somebody said last week (apols mental faculties going):

Something about listening to "Friday, I'm in Love" in sixth grade.  Now
unless years of watching crappy american school-based sit-coms/soaps have
somehow misled me, that means this person was like 12 or 13 when it came
out.

HOW OLD DO I FEEL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was my big fave record the first
term I was at Uni.  I feel it is time to get the zimmer frame out.

It's bad enough going out and being the oldest person in the club (except
the DJ, who's pushing 40 and looks like Steven Tyler), seeing all these
louche youths with their spiky hair and baggy trousers without been
surrounded by young'uns here too (at least I can seek solace in booze when
I'm out).

anywayhoo, I hope that everyone brings exciting food to the London
pic-er-nic on Saturday, I seem to remember the Greenwich one being mainly
crisps and booze (I only had posh food cos I had a Marks and Spencer voucher
to use up).  If nobody has any other ideas for post-picnic fun, Ricky
Spontane (the band that played at my wedding, but they're like, way cool,
not a wedding band or nothing) are playing at the Bull & Gate with Baxendale
and a couple of others to launch their new album, so I'll certainly be
popping along to that (I've got a stack of £3.50 entry flyers too, if anyone
else feels like joining me).

The only slight cloud on the horizon re Saturday at the mo is a lack of
somewhere to lay my head come nightfall.  If anyone has a couple of square
foot of carpet (or even lino) spare to rest my weary bones I'd be very
grateful if they could get in touch with me.

xoxo
CarsmileSteve