Sinister: When it's cold I feel cold, when it's hot I feel ambitious!

Alasdair Cook MS1996 acook at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 26 16:55:02 BST 1999

OK, so due to the fact that my cousin's wedding is in Oxford on Friday,
and I'm going to it, this means that I shall also be attending the
London picnic merry-go-round the following day. Yay!

I just thought I should give you prior warning so that anyone who has
met me can choose to stay away, and anyone who hasn't met me can be told
by the people that have met me to stay away as well. However in the
unlikely event that lots of people do actually show up, I'm looking
forward very much to seeing you all.

One other thing, yesterday I was reading the Scotland On Sunday
newspaper, and came across an article entitled 'America discovers irony,
shock', the irony being in the form of a spoof newspaper called The
Onion. There's not many times I laugh out loud while reading, but this
was one of them, with such headlines as:

More states shifting welfare control to McDonalds.

New old people's magazine gives old people something to read while
waiting to die.
(one for Mr Hewitt perhaps :))

and

Instant infant death syndrome linked to bad parents who could have done
something.

Have any US listees read this? Maybe someone could send me a copy, as
I'd love to read it. Or is it on the net? I did a search but nothing
turned up except a lot of recipes for soup, which is quite nice, pinch
of salt, yes, diced carrots, yes but not really what I'm looking for.

Anyways, I shall reiterate my above comments and say I can't wait till
Saturday.

Bye bye
Alasdair xx