Sinister: Chart Scandal

Stuart Gardiner stugardiner at xxx.com
Mon Jul 26 21:53:07 BST 1999

OK, so Tigermilk went into the UK charts at number 13. But that very same
week, bands including Blur were complaining that their new singles went into
the charts misleadingly low, because due to a computer cock-up all sales
from Virgin and Our Price stores were omitted from the chart. And I'll bet a
higher proportion of Tigermilks were sold at Virgin than at Woolworths. So I
reckon the true chart position should have been even higher (after all, the
HMV in-store chart had it at number 4, and at Tower Records I'm told it was
number 1). I propose we get Pete Waterman to investigate...

Of course, there are other problems surrounding the rerelease. I'm sure I'm
not the only person on this list who is anal enough to keep their CD
collection in alphabetical order by artist. Well I go one stage further,
under each artist they're filed in chronological order. So should Tigermilk
be my first B&S album or my last one? Or should I just get a life?

The infamous Ailsa wrote:

>List crush:
>Did you know that according to someone I am going to All Tamara's Ponies
>with that the members of our chalet account for more than 10% of all
>list crush votes cast.  I quite believe it, we are all great.

Which of course is categorically NOT the result of the members of your
chalet all voting for each other. Anyone who's going to Camber, make sure
you find out where their chalet is, it sounds like there'll be some
group-loving to spy on.

Now I'm going to be leaving the list in 2 weeks time (going to live with my
parents for a couple of months, then I'll be in South America for 5 months
and then Australia for 6 months after that), so I feel I ought to give you
all a leaving present. Maybe I should just tell you all how to find out
who's voted for you on the list crush site? If anyone wants to stop me,
simply vote for me ;-)

(Oh, and to the 4 genuine people who've voted for me, delusional fools as
they are, speak now or forever hold your peace!)

Does anyone know if I'm right in thinking that Salako are playing a gig at
the London Borderline this Friday? And if so, does any kind soul fancy
offering me floorspace for Friday night ready for the picnic the next day?
(And come to that, for Saturday night when I'm too drunk to make it in time
for the last train home?)

Big Stu