Sinister: Looper, Electronic Ripoff?, Order for the Anally Retentive

Brian Pennington (Mick McMick) bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Jul 26 22:31:11 BST 1999

Hey Sinisterines,
	I'm afraid I'll be missing the Looper instore this evening, sadly. The
show on Friday was indeed quite lovely. The songs all sounded as if
they'd been greatly fleshed out since the recording of the album. It's a
shame they can't re-record the album now. Anyway, perhaps this is a
better preview of Looper album nombre deux. Also, Winter Woos[f]kie was
this time performed by all the members of Looper, not just David on
geetar and Stuart D. on vocals. It sounded great. Either Stu[D] is
getting better at singing or his voice is growing on me. Either way it's
good =)  Dan, I saw you but didn't know you were une sinisterine.
Wondered where you got the shirt, but figured it was through the
webpage. Guess not. I certainly liked the whole audio/visual experience,
though. That was the best part of it I think. Sometimes the video seemed
a smidgen trite, but it seemed mostly quite good.
	Regarding the scene with a dancing flares-wearing boy, some expressed
skepticism as to whether or not it was Chris. We all definately thought
we saw Sarah and Isobel, though. It must be fairly old, as it was prior
to Isobel getting her hair cut like Amelia Fletcher/Jane Seberg. We
thought we saw Stuart Murdoch sitting on a fallen log near Sarah, but it
is only conjecture. I do agree with whoever thinks the flares-clad boy
was Chris, as in Ink Polaroids he asked for "40-inch flares and Celtic
to win the league cup."

	Moving on, as per a post on the Factory list (which is only slightly
higher traffic than Sha-La-La, sadly):

> Having recently bought the Belle & Sebastian album Tigermilk, just
> released on CD for the first time, I was struck by the similarity of
> the song Electronic Renaissance to New Order's Procession - both the
> bassline and synths.  Is this plagiarism......?

	I won't post the author, and I'll let you all make your own judgements
as to his/her question. I can't even remember what Procession sounds
like offhand...
	Lastly, Stuart Gardiner was stumped as to whether or not to include
Tigermilk last or first in his record collection. Well, being somewhat
less anal retentive than the main character in High Fidelity yet
somewhat more than the average Joe, I'll give my two cents. If the
release date is what matters to you, then put it most recent. If,
however, the chronolgy of the recordings, not their proper releases, is
important, put it earlier on. However, if you do that, stick Dog on
Wheels before it, because it was the first in order of recording. That's
how I do it, anyway.

	Okay, that's all for me.

		Mick McMick at work