Sinister: maybe i'm in love...

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Tue Jul 27 04:13:38 BST 1999

oh, faux pas!  two posts in one day!  but i am still
riding a wave of contentment ...  i finally decided --
after much hemming and hawing -- to head to the looper
in-store in nyc tonight, even though megan would
rather pack and mick would rather help her ;)    so i
called up a friend who'd never heard of looper or b&s
and kidnapped him after work, and we headed down to
other music, waited for an hour on line, during which
we chatted up with a nice and nice-looking nyu music
student... and, as luck would have it, since we were
in the beginning of the line we ended up at the front
of the audience...

ooooh... and then the magic starts.  no equipment for
looper, b/c apparently they rented it and had to
return it.  so it was just StuD on a guitar that
wasn't his, and karn shaking her thang (er, her maraca
thingy) and singing.  and it was beautiful.  (burning
flies, winter woosfkie, Y2K, quiet and small, and
paper boat -- and mick is right:  either stuart got
better at singing or i've grown to love his voice.  i
now LIKE paperboat.)

la la la... so i was right there, not 3 feet away from
stuart, and whenever he looked up he ended up looking
right at me, and of course i dropped my gaze and got
all flushed and tried not to stare, but damnit he is
rather beautiful, eh?  and his voice is rather lovely.
 and the whole 1/2 hour experience was well worth the
wait and the effort of summoning up courage to go....
afterwards there was a signing, but i had decided that
getting things signed is not for me, so i didn't bring
anything.  i wanted to just go up and tell him and
karn how lovely the set was, and to ask what the
goddamn name of that beautiful winter song Really is,
but i felt all shy -- which i really Never am.  and i
wanted to catch the 9pm train home, so....

i promise to be quiet for a whole week now, really!

xoxo,
marie

===