Sinister: On the nature of love...

Marianne Bratlie mariannebratlie at xxx.com
Tue Jul 27 08:25:15 BST 1999

.Good morning!!!

(Justin-sorry for sending it directly to you the first time)

Thought I for once should say a thing or two...

first, a little story,
once there was a boy and a girl, and they both loved very much a band called
BelleandSebastian, they used to mail eachother almost every day, but they
had never really met, untill one day, the boy said as a joke (because they
lived in different countries)- "we`re having a party saturday, and you`re
invited,"- the girl answered, "how about you cancelling the party and come
see me in Paris saturday (she was going on a vacation)? "
The boy surprised the girl and himself by saying, "why not"? -so they met in
Paris the very same week, and had a fine day wandering the streets of
Paris.( The party was cancelled anyway)
(Sorry if Paul already told you while I were in France.)

So, the point is-I have met my first "sinister person", and I had a great
time, hope I will get the chance to meet more of you lovely people.
Just want to say that listening to Stuart while bicycling through the great
nature of France was a perfect way of spending the summer wasting. Lovely
fields of sunflowers etc.

Wanted to say a thing or two about the "discussion" going on about "perfect
love", as I strangly enough have given this a thought especially the last
month.
As I see it, there is "two kinds of love".
The one where you get speachless the moment you see him (her), and you can`t
think of anything else but this person,
and the other kind, where you meet someone, you like spending time with the
person , and even though you don`t feel the "thing", (maybe a little, but
not very strongly) you think that you will grow close to this person, and
it`s worth giving it a shot.
The perfect love for me would be the person I feel the "thing" for, AND can
have a great time with, doing stuff, laughing together, crying together
...etc  -but this never happends, because when one is having a big crush on
someone, ( he might be totally "unsuitable " for you, friends, way of living
etc)-  every time you see him, you can`t think of anything to say, and if
you do, it`s just crap, .
Whenever you do get along with someone, everything can seem perfect, except
for that you haven`t got the right feeling, what I have called the "thing".
You wish you had, but it`s not controllable.You can`t force yourself to feel
something.
Usually when you do get along, and feel in love, it`s not mutual.

Oh God, I`m so negative. Sorry.
Anyway, I think this is one of the choices you must take going into a
relationship, to give it a try even if you are not feeling the big
thing,(you will at some point get close to the person) or wait for it. (THE
person)(which can take a long time, it might not even happen)
I`ll stop now, this is getting out of hand.
Just one more thing, too often I see married couples who bore eachother, so
in my opinnion - one of the most important things,through a longlasting
relationship, is that you have a good time while beeing togerther. (Ok, I
guess not many people hang on to eachother having a  bad time together, but
do you know what I mean anyway ??Laughter is important.)

That`s what I`ve got to say about that issue.

Hm, i`s sunny outside, better get off the computer.
Have a nice day!!

Marianne