Sinister: you indie kids are cheeky monkeys

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Tue Jul 27 10:41:12 BST 1999

hello folks,

ailsa was relying on my dubious mathematics when she said:
> Did you know that according to someone I am going to All Tamara's
> Ponies with that the members of our chalet account for more than 10%
> of all list crush votes cast.  I quite believe it, we are all great.

to which vertically unchallenged stu cheekily countered:
> Which of course is categorically NOT the result of the members of
> your chalet all voting for each other. Anyone who's going to Camber,
> make sure you find out where their chalet is, it sounds like there'll
> be some group-loving to spy on.

which finally explains just what nick dastoor was doing outside our
bowlie chalet at three in the morning two nights running.

stu also suggested:
> I'll bet a higher proportion of Tigermilks were sold at Virgin than
> at Woolworths. So I reckon the true chart position should have been
> even higher (after all, the HMV in-store chart had it at number 4, and
> at Tower Records I'm told it was number 1).

did woolworths stock tigermilk?  i only ask because (as i'm sure many of
you will remember) they refused to stock TBWTAS when jeepster wouldn't
give them a discount like they get from the big record companies.  that
might be another reason why it charted lower than it probably should have
done, and don't forget that the pre-sales from the jeepster site won't have
gone towards the chart position either.  all things considered it's pretty
amazing that it got as high as it did.

CarSmileSteve:
> Something about listening to "Friday, I'm in Love" in sixth grade....
> HOW OLD DO I FEEL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was my big fave record the
> first term I was at Uni.

alas i can clearly remember hearing "the walk" being played on the top 40
on radio one back in the days when tommy vance still presented it, and yet
i regularly walk to the kitchen and forget why by the time i get there.

Theresa introduced herself in style by saying:
> Society seems to have a problem with female onanism.  Mastubation is a
> good thing and should be encouraged, taught in schools even.  Or not.
> perhaps i should go out more often.

and went on to mention that she will be going to all tomorrow's parties.
well, i know which chalet's windows i'll be peering through.  for purely
educational purposes you understand.

kevan
fat slug

Have you Rooled?