Sinister: on the subject of love and list crushes: simple words to mend the soul.

Snowinsumr at xxx.com Snowinsumr at xxx.com
Tue Jul 27 17:40:01 BST 1999

dear "i'm scared of boys" diary...

stephen heister wrote:
>>The idea is though is if you are looking for
>>someone to "complete" you then odds are you will be
>>disappointed. The problem being that no one can complete
>>you except you. If you don't have some idea of who
>>"you" are then the significant other isn't going to either.
>>Anyway that is just my idea.

i completely agree...i just wanted to commend stephen on how beautifully put
that was...it all goes back to my idea of what love and relationships should
be, in a sense...

for me...i do not want someone that i "need" to be with...as i think that
dependency is the weakness that too many people fall to nowadays...because
for me...i cannot be with someone unless i "want" to be with them...wanting
to be with someone is so much more meaningful...because you are saying,

"i could live my life alone...but you are so incredibly special...that i
would like to share mine with you...if you will have me..."

whilst needing someone is not special at all...in that state of mind ANYONE
will do...and for me...love is not having just ANYONE in your life...it is
having THE ONE...someone you respect and someone that respects you...

stephen also wrote:
>>The problem is that
>>there isn't two kinds of love. There are
>>infinite kinds of love. Love has a different
>>meaning to everyone.

admiration + respect + trust= meganelise's idea of love. (influenced by hal
hartley's film "trust")

as you can see "need" does not add into this equation...

and i believe that i have started to ramble...so i digress...

(i hope that made sense...as maeris is tickling my feet with his whiskers and
it's hard to type when i am laughing so hard...)

Dave "The Moon Man" Jygsaw18 at aol.com wrote:
>>who else would like to let Oversized Stu tell us the secret
>>of who the list crush voters are? I know i would.

meganelise blushes, gathers up all of her courage and says shyly,
"i'll just tell...my list crush is dr. nick morton."

shy hugs.
meganelise