Sinister: when did b&s cover the smiths? and hello to nyc/dc loopers

lost madflowr lost_madflowr at xxx.com
Wed Jul 28 01:15:10 BST 1999

okay, i'm trying to figure out when b&s covered
the smiths "reel around the fountain", if they
did indeed cover that. i just need the date of
the show and the venue if you have that info! i
don't think i have that b&s show. hmm. so yeah!

i had a lovely time meeting up with so many lovely
sinisterites this past week. in dc i didn't make
it out to the fox and the hounds like i hoped i
would. i was running behind! at the dc show i
met up with eran and jennifer pulpbot [who i need to
go record shopping with],Walkn10 Steve and the christa/dan/
lesley j[why do i always want to write lesley jo...
is that wrong?? sheesh]. oh and i am sure a number
of other people that night. i just wanted to say
that looper are fan[knee]tastic and they completely
jumped up spots in my book of favourite bands. i
liked them before but now each day i'm waking up
humming up a tree again. it's perfect music to
remind you to loosen up.

i must say that winter wooksie [now that i
typed it i think i spelled it wrong]is lovely and made
me smile. and i adore the Y2K song. wonder what
will happen then. oh well. my bf taped the dc show
and i am sure we could work out some sort of tape
tree if there are a couple of people who want it.

ummm and i think i'm getting the philly looper show
and the nyc show too soon. we'll see. oh sorry to do
this but go to www.underworld.net/~madflowr/trade.html
if you're interested in a trade [no way do i sell my
bootlegs...evil to do that]. okay. phwoar. ummm...
oh and NYC!! !
i can't decide if i liked dc or nyc better. i felt so
very sick at the nyc show. pity i wasn't sick during
khan. mary ann didn't believe he'd strip...but HE DID.
geez, he's a bit frightening. i just thought it was
hilarious they were chosen to open for looper...since
the crowd was fairly tame.

oh if anyone in dc is going to see mogwai on 1 september...
you will see me there! meet up anyone? i think steve's
going. hmm. anyone else? lovely. and my stomach stopped
hurting the moment i got on the bus back home to virginia.
isnt that sad? i had a lovely time on long island though
on saturday night. my friends and i stayed up til like 4 am
watching HomeShoppingNetwork = THE DOLL SHOW and cracking
up. it is seriously frightening. there was a doll called the
gremlin doll...well not really...but it LOOKED like a
gremlin. the bad ones! scary! okay i should really do my
paper now even though it's due on thursday. i might see
blair witch project tomorrow. we'll see if i get my act
together. sorry for clogging a bit.

oh i got marie and her friend confused oh man shite i wanted
to say that yes she does remind me of wee karn. meep! ohoh
one final note ---nyc record shops are so much better than
any in dc/va. i picked up sfa's latest album "guerrilla" for
a mere $1.07. yes that is 107 pennies kids. i am in love...
and they are playing maxwells fairly soon...im not sure if
theyre touring again but they put on an incredible live show.
not to be missed!

evol,
madflowr