Sinister: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Jul 28 14:28:57 BST 1999

An open letter to Frenchie out of "Grease":

A couple of inspirational things from the last three digests (I've been too
busy escorting two of Sinister's brightest young things around strange
suburban sunshiney places to reply more recently).

I have spent the last few months absolutely convinced that the Romantic
Scotsman has "SpaNNers will be shot" at the end of his mails. I felt dumb,
as usual, not getting the in-joke I was sure everyone else was laughing at.
Either that or he retains an irrational hatred of the geeky kids from school
(I'm pretty sure that's what a spanner was when I were a lad), which would
probably be unwise on this list :)

The whole thing about love, though. I for one am nowhere near secure enough
in myself to believe that there is such thing as a perfect mate, mainly
because the concept fundamentally precludes there being more than one. If I
had to enter any relationship thinking that either this was the One, and
thus about to become the centre of my life for the rest of my days, or
wasn't the One, in which case why bother, I'd be either too terrified or too
disillusioned (or, more correctly, a frighteningly unhealthy mix of the two)
to remain capable of having a grown-up, genuine kind of love.

Having said all that, I am currently basking in the glow of a fantastic,
doubt-free relationship with a fellow sinisterine and I'd be more than
delighted if this whole love thang proves me wrong :)

Moving on...at Camber Sands you'll be able to recognise me as the one trying
to stop Kevan being arrested for Peeping Tomsmanship, and the only member of
my chalet who won't be offered any of Nick Dastoor's wares, though I am
going with a pocket full of loose change in the off chance.

Add N to (x) - whatever else they are, they're bloomin' loud. I saw them
last autumn in NYC with Queen Bee Janine (whose absence from the list is a
sad sad thing), and they were quite astonishing(ly loud). And very good in a
kind of, erm, challenging way. The best bit was Anne from the band seeing my
Stow t-shirt and chatting about how good B&S are - in fact, to this day,
she's the only person who's ever approached me because of a B&S related item
I've been wearing...

Props to the Muji-fiends (I hear the silk pyjamas are quite fine),
Mark xxx