Sinister: Back on the scene, and fighting keen

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Wed Jul 28 23:38:52 BST 1999

Hey peeps,

I met someone who was Suited and Booted a few days ago (where that line was
stolen from, for non My Life Story fans - p.s Shame on you!) a full suit,
complete with pocketwatch! It was joyous! My friend Matt and I walked
around Huddersfield town getting stared at. I havent had so much fun in
ages....

I've been away, driving miles across different countrysides (ending up at
the seaside). The first trip took me to yorkshire to be congregated with
the rest of my northern family for a grande clear out of the biggest house
in birkby (now sadly has to be sold, because we're all skint and my grandma
needs to be kept in reader's digests). We were sat around the table the
night I got there, when the moment I was waiting for arrived. They asked me
 The Question.
 "So, Erica" (this is aunty sue, at this point) "Do you have a boyfriend?"
 Five sets of beady eyes burn into me. My Mum has four sisters, and they
all
 have the same old-fashioned values. I smile slightly, at this point..
 "No".
I feel like I should apologise. Instead I stare into my tea and pray for
someone else to break the silence.

The second trip took me to Whitstable, the kentish seaside. I stayed for a
short time but I feel a hundred times better than I did when I left. People
who can! come to the fuck-off massive picnic this saturday and I'll tell
you all about le grande race around the anchored boat nearly resulting in
jellyfish sting-horror! I guess that serves everyone right for stripping
down to their PANTS in the dark and diving right in.

What! Is! This!.....feeling called love, Jarvis Sang in sexy-jarvis style.
He was singing it to me while I was away and you were all tapping away your
precious thoughts and feelings. Why do we try to explain things like love?
It's like magic, you're not meant to know. You're not Paul Daniels, no more
than you are Harry White. Look at geoff, he's obviously The Doc from Back
To The Future in disguise. If he was standing next to be when he said all
that woo-ha about the science of love, I would have made my hand look like
a duck and open and close the beak in time with his words, in proper
childish fashion, but then, the closest I ever came to love was shattered
when I saw my then-beau wearing crap shoes. It wasn't meant to be. Anyone
who could team gold Rebok Classics with red socks doesn't deserve my
affection.

I think I've written quite enough, don't you?
Love Erica

p.s I'm going to me seeing Marine Research tommorow. I'll be wearing my
usual blurry face. Do say hello if you're there.