Sinister: heatwave/the Who->/smidgeons of smut (attn: Jessica)

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Thu Jul 29 07:36:45 BST 1999

My a/c is broken and I think I'm beginning to melt like the wicked witch.
Even repeatededly continously plays of remastered "Tigermilk" are quite
soothing but not quite cooling things down enuff.
Thanks to the almighty spirit that a repairman will be here tomorrow to
rectify the situation.  It's predicted to be 99 degrees here in Chi-town on
Thursday.

To Blake and other Who-> die-hards ( I used to be one in the 70's-I'm showing
my age or musical prowess until Moon died), Eddie Vedder is performing with
Mr. Townshend doing "Heart To Hang On To"  right now on David Letterman.
Yes, Quadrophenia helped me survive the disillisioned and angst-driven teen
years too during the 70's and early 80's.  I feel like sending Mr. Townshend
a "Father's Day" card like Vedder too).  Also, the Who->  have an extensive
feature in the new Goldmine magazine that is worth checking out if you are a
die-hard.  I used to be   a die-hard but I gave up on classic rock obsession
when Moon died except for Marc Bolan & T.Rex which I've been religiously into
since 1972 but wouldn't ever consider classic rock here in the states.
Tyrannosaurus Rex from 1967-70 is the shit and 1971-77 is good enuff to
remain precious to the golden few.

As for the obligatory smut ( apologies because I've drank 6 beers already of
a quickly-demolished 6-pack tonight---I'm off on Thursdays and may be more
expressive than my usually tight-lipped inhibitous self) with regard to the
list-crush phenomenon that has known to carry a heavy presence on this list
according to Select and other periodicals and reaffirmed by sultry select
listees (god bless you people w/ hearts) and w/o sounding too depraved and ,
I do approve of the polaroid, digital camera, etc... technologies and must
express approval at web sites that allow us to meet our fellow list members
in a more vulnerable yet tasteful and innocent way.  Isn't that what the
internet should be a vehicle for in some circles?  If I had a digital camera
and a website, I'd open it up to the world the same way....   I don't think I
could trust my local photo-mat with any pics though.  Everytime I used to try
the negatives and pics would be missing.  Polaroids and digital cameras are
the medium if you want to be tasteful and secure.

Jessica, your physique is shapely but your shapely figure could hold any
audience captive including me.

As a fine artist, if you would be interested in modeling,  I would pay you
most handsomely although I think the distance from Chicago would be a
problem.....

Pete

Pete