Sinister: Rubbing the rosebud

FourJacksAndAJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Thu Jul 29 16:04:33 BST 1999

Paula Cullen exploded:

"GEE" is a rude word, you know, for a ladys bits.
me and fiona met an american boy called "GEE" one night.
we blushed and giggled when he outstretched his hand to shake ours and
said
"GEE". "thats a bit forward" we thought. "we hardly know him......"

What?????  What is the etymology of this "gee" word?  Is it short for
something?  Is it an Irish thing?  Wow, I'm glad I learned this before
going over to the UK and saying "Gee, I really think she's swell" and
having my "mate" turn to me and say "I'd say more swollen than swell" or
something.

And how did an American boy end up with a name like "Gee"??  (I mean I
know it's possible, just wondering if there's an ethnic origin)

Questions questions.  I can only imagine then your laughter when watching
'50s US sitcoms or films where young boys often say things like "Gee whiz"
instead of "Vaginas, urination".  (Or maybe "whiz" is a US thing too.)

More culture clash language to spice up the international Sinister list.
The shit, the bomb, bangin'.

You know women masturbate less than men when there aren't enough
euphemisms to go around.  So let's make some up and hope all the female
Sinisterites use them often when conversing with each other.  Pushing the
button is good, with that whole nuclear holocaust imagery.  Or maybe
rubbing your other nose.  Twiddling your other thumb.  Buffing the...* I
don't know, the clitoris is so little and cute when compared to the comic
structure of the penis.  It's hard to come up with funny phrases!

Will it take the US Women's soccer team's participation in an ad campaign
to show that female masturbation is fine?  I think it's safe to say the
Sinister list fully endorses masturbation...

All right, I'm withdrawing (perhaps too late) from this discussion of
frank and earthy topics....maybe someone else can pick up the torch (not a
sexual euphemism unfortunately) and run with it.  Sorry bout the
giddiness, the Dunkin' Donuts coffee is in full effect.

Xavier

 BXK
 bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu | www.english.upenn.edu/~bkim0
 It's what kind of hair you have on the inside that counts.--G.S.