Sinister: sex in schools

jfowle at xxx.edu jfowle at xxx.edu
Thu Jul 29 22:10:10 BST 1999

SEX EDUCATION
okay
well, something that i still wonder about to this day is this.  when it
was
time for sex ed in grade 7 why did the girls get 2 ENTIRE weeks out of
gym
class to learn all about it, when the boys reported a video in the
lockeroom
for 30 minutes and nothing more?
at the time i was just mad that i had to sit inside on nice spring days,
but really, altho i didn't learn much about sex in sex-ed...i wonder if
the
boys felt they missed out?
and why on earth was there such a difference in what we were being
taught?
in the us sex is a strange thing.
i've been told by educators that if kids know that condoms exist and see
them
well -- then they'll have sex.
what?!  apparently, some people (mostly those in charge) think that if
kids
don't know about something...they'll stay away from it.  what?  i don't
get it.
seems more likely we'll just go and figure it out for ourselves.

MASTURBATION
also in the afore mentioned sex ed class i remember the day we discussed
the
subject.  basically, our teacher said.  "masturbation.  yes, erm, well.
there's
really nothing WRONG with it. "  and that was that.  i bet she was a
masturbating
mad-woman.
i personally love to masturbate, have been for the LONGEST time, and
walk around
preaching the joys of sex for one with most of the other women i meet
many of which appear entirely SUPRISED! by the fact that i'll even
mention it.
i don't know about the other 49 states, but in michigan, amongst certain
segments
of the population...i would consider it a taboo subject.

so that's all.  didn't intend to post two silly messages today, but such
is life.

jen