Sinister: Subjective headings

Alan Singfield alan.singfield at xxx.com
Fri Jul 30 10:50:57 BST 1999

I do like this subject header idea but having "female masturbation" written
in capitals when your boss is looking over your shoulder makes him think you
are looking at porn... hmm.

so,

GEE
There. Most people don't think its rude. I remember having a polite dinner
conversation with an Irishman and a Pakistani. I was talking about curry to
the Pakistani and he complained that his mother always used to smother their
food with ghee (clarified butter, pronounced the same way). The Irishman
collapsed into fits of laughter - he did have a filthy mind, which somehow
really impressed me.

GUNS AND AMMO
> I have spent the last few months absolutely convinced that the Romantic
> Scotsman has "SpaNNers will be shot" at the end of his mails. I felt dumb,
> as usual, not getting the in-joke I was sure everyone else was laughing
at.
> (I'm pretty sure that's what a spanner was when I were a lad), which would
> probably be unwise on this list :)

It *is* very disconcerting to skim through posts and see your name in
lights. Luckily I read the full paragraph and was reassured. I'm going to
start a game of 'shooting-tick' - so ERICA WILL BE SHOT in a more focussed
way for her photo next time.

Pass on the goodwill, people.

Spanners.