Sinister: time to write.

Oliver oliver at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 29 20:23:04 BST 1999

It seems all you regular guys are complaining about the lack of everybody
else posting. There are many possible reasons for this including 1) They
have such busy and fun packed lives that they just do not have the time to
post 2) We haven't got anything interesting to say and 3) They can't be
arsed. Guess what category I fall into (it's handily signposted with an
inclusive pronoun) (I don't do english so I don't know what we is called in
the jargon).

Anyway, on to writing something not so interesting. I have a theory that
Belle and Sebastian, for that is the subject of the list, have only a few
different tunes and the last 3 albums and 4 ep's/singles have used up all
the tunes. This theory is strengtheded by the fact that A Century Of Fakers
and A Century Of Elvis have exactly the sametune, not to mention
disturbingly similar titles (what are they trying to say? Elvis was a
fake?). This is why it has takn so long to record the 4th album (I'm
conveniently forgetting the fact that most of the members have been in their
own bands) because the tunes have to be dressed up fancily. Also, I can't
recall any song being about the first person - for example SHE's losing it,
The State I Am In about a book someone wrote. So I hereby classify this
genre Repetitive Tune Observational Folk Rigged Steps Beating Music. Has a
certain ring to it don't you think. Although I prefer to call it RTOFRSBM.

I suppose I'm going to have to contribute to a thread already, as if anybody
cares and as if anybody is reading this. I am not a woman and hence I am
proud to talk sniggeringly and euphamistically about giving the snake a good
seeing to, or bashing the bishop, or....... but can you ever imaginge guys
talking frankly about something like this? and sharing advice on how best to
do it? The only way we can cope with talking about masturbation is to dress
it up in code and laugh about it, in case what you're talking about is
different and perverted and all your friends begin to hate you.

The End
Oliver