Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 30 18:03:44 BST 1999

THE 70's WHO

The new Manic Street Preachers song was on the radio this morning and am
pleased to discover that I like it. They've also learnt a new big word to
use in 'Tsunami'. Seems as though 'Tidal Wave' would scan better but who am
I to argue with lyrics that have obviously been written by the great Adrian
Mole. Still, I do like it, I like it when they do soft rock with a tune, as
opposed to their other stuff, which is soft rock without a tune.

THE 70's WHO

Myself and Tag are writing a new Rock Opera for Roolz. It's about a Deaf,
squint and tortured bloke called 'Thommy'. If anyone's got any ideas for a
storyline, please contact me.

THE 70's WHO

Nice to have the Greek visitors across last weekend, hope you had a nice
time, and hope you're having a good laugh in London at the moment.

THE 70's WHO

Discovered a great AC/DC, Belle and Sebastian connection. AC/DC (in the 70's
naturally) had some records produced by some blokes called Vanda and Young.
It turns out that Vanda and Young are in fact nothing other than great
Australian pop combo Flash and the Pan - best known for their lyric "What's
that cookin' at the palace tonight... Stu and Beanz"! I'm listening to AC/DC
at the moment - "Hell isn't a bad place to be", can't say fairer than that.

THE 70's WHO

All this talk of women not slapping their granny as much as men do, I think
is bollocks, my ex used to be at it at least ten times as much as me.

THE 70's WHO

Yeah, Ceremony is a Joy Division song, isn't it on the live part of "Still",
I think so anyway... I like "In a lonely place" better.

THE 70's WHO

Calumn - weren't you going to sell that poster you got signed by fucking
everyone at Maryhill community centre for charity, have you done it yet you
thieving gypsy bastard.

Take care,
  Keith.