Sinister: Love the List!

Patrick Scragg Patrick.Scragg at xxx.com
Wed Jun 2 04:30:00 BST 1999

Hello List!

    This is my first post. I've just finished browsing through
the enormous list archives - really enjoyed them! The few other
lists I've visited tended to be more on the dull side, comprised
mostly of VERY boring discussions about a band or tour: this list
is infinitely more interesting! I was especially amused by
some of the more humorous subjects and threads discussed here
i.e., rumors, dreams, picnics... and what's with all of the smut
talk - specifically, "arms of sex & thighs of sex"?  Who, or what
is being referred to here?  Please enlighten me.

     Good to see that we have some Go-Betweens fans here!  I've always
thought of the Go-Betweens as a primary influence on Belle and
Sebastian as well as many other contemporary folk-pop acts.  In fact,
some friends and I will be seeing Robert and Grant on tour this
summer! Wouldn't it be brilliant if one day Belle and Sebastian shared
the stage with the Go-Betweens - imagine both bands palying together
on a Byrds or Dylan tune.

    Seeing Mercury Rev next week - can't wait!

Back to work