Sinister: Warning: this post contains a massive weapon

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Jun 2 10:11:48 BST 1999

...did you know John Cusack's a B&S fan?

Or at least he mentions them in his new script, which isn't bad going :)

I'm sad I missed the Greenwich picnic - my clique points are slipping (as is
my listcrush position - come on chums, I'm sort of cute when it's very, very
dark. And when I'm not speaking), so I am hoping to get to Oxford this
weekend for a bit of out-of-town schmoozing. I also didn't make it to
Kevan's Eurovision party - too busy ringing up to vote for Cyprus (whose
only points came from the United Kingdom, which was thanks to ME!) in a
student house in Birmingham with Miss Vicky and lots of people who wouldn't
piss on Belle and Sebastian if they were on fire. I expect.

I am going to plug, yet again, the B&Sophile club night on June 11th
Upstairs at the Garage in North London (Highbury and islington Tube, I
think), "A Night of Tigermilking", featuring several DJs of this parish,
fun, frolics, added incentives and at least one spunky pop performer. So
please come and get merry with your favourite sinister listcrush (reports of
Nick Dastoor's attendance are as yet unconfirmed)! B&S badges and t-shirts
get in cheaper, of course...

I quite fancy that promo Swede Tigermilky single thing - hopefully it'll be
found in abundance in the Gothenburg equivalent of the record and tape
exchange 2 weeks after it's distributed - any lovely Swedes (and hey! You're
all lovely in my book, yes you are!) fancy picking me up a copy, I'll go all
red and smiley just for you...

My job has entailed me reading some of Joan Aiken's works yet again (sorry
if I've said this several times before) - Nightbirds on Nantucket's quite
good, really. Imagine, a big gun on the other side of the Atlantic to blow
up James III with! Saddam Hussein's a fan, then...Any listees want to mail
me with their favourite Aiken recommendations? If they're good, I'll try and
make them turn it into a TV series, promise...

Gosh I'm not on form today. Sorry chickens! But I'm pleased to hear Th'
Faith Healers have their fans - I'd recommend most highly the first three
EPs and the first album, Lido, which only has a 10 minute song at the end,
but I challenge Lesley cos it's much better than the other one...They had
wicked fans, too, and they used to let us sit on stage intertwined among
their legs while they played, banging tambourines and playing with mic
stands and generally feeling like we belonged :)

It's not all work, work, work, you know...
Mark xxx