Sinister: "momentum makes my head pondrous and heavy"

Marie Elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Thu Jun 3 04:16:41 BST 1999

dearest listerines!

ah, how nice to be sitting in my windowless, badly furnished little
office today, sneaking peaks at my mail, and see you all load up my
mailbox with lovely smut -- especially lesley jo's subject heading
about isobel whipping out her, erm, yeah.  ("suck my left one!"
-bikini kill).  and thank you LJ and -- oh, who was the other one? a
boy, i think -- for assuring me of the existence of tigermilk bars....

now, as far as i can remember, the lilys have been mentioned twice on
this list recently.  and i'm intrigued, also b/c a band i saw recently
-- i think rainer maria -- the drummer was wearing a lilys tshirt.  it
looked like stu m's felt shirt, but saying lilys instead (duh  -- but,
you know, the same lovely round lowercase black letters).  oh, my
point!  please tell me about these lilys!!

why is no one excited about tortoise at bowlie 2?  granted, i can't
imagine what they'd be like live, but i thought the same about
stereolab...

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!  i went to the roolz page!  props to all you boys!
that was fabulous.  what was that about stuart m. being in a band once
whose sole purpose was to create as much publicity as possible without
actually making any music?  am i making that up?  i swear i read it
somewhere...  do you boys actually make music?

the gentlewaves were reviewed in SPIN.  i won't bother -- it was
negative of course.  but they Did give RainerMaria a good review (damn,
i am on a rainermaria KICK.  must be cuz they're so fucking good.)

okay, my dears.  i have now spent 2 days in the corporate world of
manhattan.  i work for The Man.  and i need a break, quite frankly,
although my company (which is made up of quite nice folk) are throwing
a party for the employees at the Supper Club tomorrow night, so that's
a perk... oh, yes, my point:  i hereby request that all nyc/nycArea
sinisterites email me or something so we can get on our way to a nyc
pic-a-nic.  do it now, and we might organize it by august!   :)

good night, all.
love,
marie

"when you're ready to read between the lines,
 and the paper isn't telling you anything" -rainermaria