Sinister: Transeuropean party conspiracy

Magpie Jay j_kerswell at xxx.com
Thu Jun 3 11:23:04 BST 1999

The weirdest party i have ever popped in...

*******BUT FIRST AN IDEA*******

: Has anyone thought of compiling a list of Sinister members websites, and
linking them all together in a sinisterines webring? There could be a
sinisterine webring icon that every member puts on their page and links to
other members sites connecting them in one big circle.
_______________________

Anyway, onto the subject line I went to two most unusual parties last
weekend, the first actually having some B&S content!

It was a Eurovision song contest party in a small flat in Clerkenwell
London, the invite stated that all guests must be on time for the start at
7.45pm, and come as a European country.

I was arriving as Germany in military uniform, however due to staying out
all afternoon watching the thunderstorm in a friends back garden (with the
Doors ‘riders on the storm’ bellowing out from his speakers in a cheesy
feelgood moment) arrived very late. To cover for my lateness I burnt and
shredded much of my clothing covered myself in fake blood and pretended that
my Hindenberg had been blown up over the Hanger Lane Gyratory system. I made
my entrance spouting fake german vulgerisms and crying ‘sabotage’ during the
scoring…..only to find everyone neatly dressed in party clothes. Mightily
embarassed I scarpered to the bathroom and changed.

It was a Eurovision party, but all the guests were Glaswegians. Towards the
end of the evening I suddenly noticed to my joy, a chap in the ‘cartoon
kids’ B&S T-shirt. Half drunk I pointed to him and cheered, he was a little
startled at first, but soon realised what I was smiling at. I asked if he
was on Sinister, but he hadn’t heard of it. It turns out his name is Craig,
and he actually plays football with Stuart Murdoch every week!

He has a copy of Tigermilk, and wants Stuart to sign it, but feels really
bad and awkward about asking. I tried to pursuade him that it would be a
worthy addition to his life and advised on how to subtly gauge Stuarts
opinion on whether or not he would be offended or irked. I told him as they
were friends anyway, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. I like to think he’ll get
his signature this year. And for what it’s worth , I think Iceland should
have won.

The weirder party was on Sunday. Me and some friends met some random guy in
a Soho pub on Friday and after five minutes he invited us to his party. I
was convinced the party was some sort of sociological experiment with hidden
cameras just like the Channel 4 ‘Tourist Trap’. Nearly everyone at the party
had only met this guy, Danny, once in a pub and been invited. His house was
full of complete strangers yet everyone was touchy feely and there was an
overiding aura of fluid asexuality about the place.

Even more bizarrely, the nationality of guests was extraordinarily diverse,
with people from Sweden, Israel, England, America, Ghana, Germany, Slovakia,
Finland, France, and several eastern block nations. The scariest of all were
the Norwegian girls. They were very beautiful and faerie looking, but there
was this one girl who looked like Jodie Foster and ran around biting
everyone, which was un-nervingly enjoyable, yet ultimately scarring.

It felt like we were all put together for some kind of test or audition, I
voiced my concern at the conspiracy and sure enough, the objective was
exhumed.

The hosts are holding a mass ‘blind date’ next Saturday and they were
inviting selected people.  I managed to score an invite. They have emailed
100 people a questionaire on their lives and loves, and are going to match
everyone up with a stranger. Then we all sit down for a banquet and either
hit on each other or hit each other. I have a reservation that the real
conspiracy is that it is in fact a scam, as we have to pay up front, but I
have a blind trust in the people I met. I haven’t been on a blind date
before let a lone a mass one, so am more than curious, if not apprehensive.
Not bad for a shybee!

Catch ya on the keys,

Jay

http://www.members.tripod.com/john_kerswell/star.html

"What is it up in the air for? It's gonna fall." -Mr Stipe.