Sinister: gold jewelry wearing harpies...

Robyn Davidson bad_sneakers at xxx.com
Thu Jun 3 19:05:53 BST 1999

Howdy

> the girls get to be all prissy and live without >alcohol

Really?  We don't have as large a greek system (I guess) as some other
colleges, but the sorority girls here drink like fish.  At least that's
what I've seen at frat parties.  This is my friends perception of them
so I'm not taking any responsibilities: there are the thin pretty ones
that drink some but smoke and giggle lots, then you have the fat ones
that drink like hell.   I take offense at the fat girl thing though,
even if it's true.

>They all sang songs like 'We are Alpha Kai Kai and
>we are
>great / Always Alpha Kai Kai / I love Alpha Kai Kai'
yeah yeah yeah
And they all wear shirts with their greek letters stitched in plaid on
them and carry big canvas bags with the same thing.

>Would any US listee like to admit to being
>part of it

I'd join a sorority but I don't own any tank tops or clogs, and that
spray on tanning spray just doesn't look right on pale skin.  Plus I
never heard of a physics major in a social type fraternity anyway.

I've just realized something, I'm a generally mellow  not in a hurry
type person, and I'm now a waitress.  For gods sake.  Apparently I'm
also dim-witted as one night I was filling these cups full of cocktail
sauce and this guy came up and asked me if it was hot.  I looked down
at the canister sitting in a tub of ice (!) and said "uh..no it's
cold".  Painfully obvious to everyone but myself he meant spicy hot.  I
don't see why the bastard couldn't just say spicy instead of making me
feel like a chimp.

Well it's time to try and sew my hairnet back together.
See y'all on the flip side.

Robyn