Sinister: (no subject)

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Thu Jun 3 19:19:12 BST 1999

>When I was 18 I swore that if I had not written the greatest Norwegian novel
ever by >the age of 25, I should kill myself in shame. (And writing the
greatest Norwegian >novel ever really wouldn't be that difficult.)

I'm happy to read I'm not the only one with inflated literary aspirations.
When I was 17 I published a story and later got a sort of fan mail regarding
it. Apparently a boy showed it to his best girl friend and they hopped in bed
together for the first and only time in their five year friendship. I figured
turning people on with words is a pretty powerful thing, and writing the
great American novel really would be difficult.

>But the REALLY scary part was that 80% of all major CEOs and most of the
>military and all but two US presidents have participated in this
'character-building' >tomfoolery.   It's like SoS - but *WORSE*.  Would any
US listee like to admit to >being part of it and explain why this is complete
mispresentation?

Some of us join sororities and some of us become scenesters...my little
sister just joined a sorority at Syracuse. They bill themselves as a
community service groups but really exist to perform wierd rituals and give
favors to the brethren (hmm...the KKK and Masons fit that description too).
My sister isn't the type to do anything creative or join a real club, so this
is her way of making friends at a big scary school.
Love
Court