Sinister: i'm going out tonight

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Thu Jun 3 21:06:45 BST 1999

and i'm wearing sassy clothes. any sinisterines at the sleater-kinney/versus
show (yes teri, that means you and emily too) say hello.

whoever asked about the lilys: they've gone through a few different phases,
seem to have started out as a quite good my bloody valentine-esque band,
then were garage rock and now have a bit of a retro thing happening, retro
as in sloan. i've got a limited edition vinyl copy of ...oh dear, i can't
recall the name right now but it's white with silkscreened butterflies on
the front cover and came with a beautiful poster. but anyways, that's good.

marie elia asked:
> why is no one excited about tortoise at bowlie 2?  granted, i can't
>imagine what they'd be like live, but i thought the same about
>stereolab...

i've never had the good fortune of seeing stereolab live, but i have seen
tortoise and believe me, it's totally incredible. on their last tour, they
all came out wearing identical white mechanic-sort-of outfits, and the
effect was especially spacey once they started in on their xylophone-y
things (what one is the xylophone? the wooden one? or is that a
glockenspiel?). but the highlight, perhaps one of the best moments of my
life, was when dan bitney undid the entire front of his outfit and exposed
himself to the whole toronto crowd. that alone was worth the price of
admission. why can't someone arrange a bowlie when us school types aren't in
school?

rah-rah sarah wrote:
>What we need to save our souls is a sussed sexy and tough girl band.

ahem, i'm going to volunteer myself for either flute playing, guitar
strumming, or simply high leg kicks. because every girl band must have
those. and i'm nominating christa chaffinch as well, because she also has
that st etienne shirt with the sylvie eyes and we all know how coordination
is important in a band. who knows if she can play anything, but if she can't
we can always use someone to take their top off. or i could do that,
whatever. isn't that what this 'girl power' business is all about?

about fraternities: i've got a friend whose boyfriend was kicked out of his
frat because they were at a frat party, his ex-girlfriend got really drunk
(just like everyone else, really) and took his clothes off and tried to have
sex with him while he was passed out, and my friend walked in and say what
was happening and totally freaked out, dragged this girl outside and beat
the shit out of her. the reason the frat guys threw the boy out? because he
shouldn't have let his girlfriend see what was going on. what a bunch of
pricks.

i just thought a toastmaster was the name on my toaster oven. can you
imagine the coolness a toastmaster membership would bring to your life? i
must see if there's a canadian chapter.

kisskiss,
jessicaxo