Sinister: white horses

Youn Jong Noh ynoh at xxx.EDU
Fri Jun 4 08:42:03 BST 1999

Is Mr. Dastoor of the Guardian wishing a sorry end to his fellow
journalists, fanzine & e-zine editors here?

> need to improve their attitude.  I think they should start boasting
> about how they are the best band in the world ever and swear more.
> Shunning journalists is good, but perhaps fighting them would be even
> better.

I distinctly recall having read in one of the delightful import magazines
that grace the shelves of every Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. and bring
us in THE musical wasteland - home of matchbox 20, offspring, etc. -
closer in spirit to the mecca of P!O!P! music that is the UK - Select I
think it was - that Stuart had ambitions of becoming a boxer.  He is also
the inspiration of the fine phrase "arms of sex" for whoever asked (coined
by Lesley J Miller?).

So I can only conclude there's something fishy about all this ... as if it
weren't enough that all his rivals for the scoop were getting papercuts
from putting their zines together by hand, plus all the toxic fumes and
sprays from toner cartridges, plus all the odd excuses that had to
be invented for unwanted lipstick on one's collar ...