Sinister: jeepster news - b&s related 04/09

katrina house a-and-r at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 4 14:10:18 BST 1999

hi all,

well, as I mentioned a week ago, 'Alternative Nation' on MTV UK will be
presenting a Belle & Sebastian special on Tuesday 29th June, here is the
press release ...

***

MTV's Alternative Nation presents
A BELLE AND SEBASTIAN VIDEO SPECIAL

Midnight Tuesday June 29th 1999

As a warm-up to the long-awaited re-release of Tigermilk on July 12th,
MTV's Alternative Nation gives UK viewers the chance to see all of the
promotional videos produced to date by the band known as BELLE AND
SEBASTIAN from midnight on the evening of Tuesday 29th June 1999.  The
show will also include tracks from THE GENTLE WAVES and LOOPER both
bands comprising of various B&S members.

In the past these videos have had limited TV coverage and given the
feedback to Alternative Nation after airing them on the show, many
viewers and fans of the band were unaware of there very existence.  So
we are pleased to present all of their tracks together in one show for
your viewing pleasure.  It will also feature the first TV screening of
the six-minute mini-documentary recorded by the band late last year
entitled 'Up Our Own Arses'.

This show is also the first in a series of monthly shows featuring
tracks from one band/artist, with an hour of rare and classic videos.
These shows will follow the first Alternative Nation of the month. On 6
July 1999 further to numerous requests we feature a Manic Street
Preachers video special, following shows lined up include Suede, Beck
and Nirvana.

Further suggestions and requests for specials or particular videos can
be sent to altnation at mtvne.com

***

as far as i know, MTV Europe are looking to broadcast this special at
some stage, so stay tuned for more details.

and speaking of press releases, we now have details on Bowlie 2 - 'All
Tomorrow's Parties ...

***

ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES
Friday 17th - Monday 20th September
Camber Sands Holiday Centre

BOWLHEAD REVISITED

As weeping music lovers from around the globe disembarked from the
sanctuary of the spiritual homecoming that was The Bowlie Weekender, one
unified voice could be heard, 'Stuff ever staying in a tent again and
pissing in a hole'.  The voice travelled through the East Sussex night
straight into the attentive conscience of the hosts and overlords of
this, the first musical meeting of minds, ideas and chalet-hopping.  'We
will return!  We will re-live!  We will get our deposits back!'

And they were right.  'All Tomorrow's Parties' is the spiritual
successor to Bowlie.  The same location, the same quality of bands, DJ's
and production, the same high standards of hygiene and once again, the
only festival where you can have a lie-in, watching cable on your own
TV, in your own apartment, with its own shower and its own toilet.

Over twenty bands will follow the legacy pioneered by the likes of Belle
7 Sebastian, Mercury Rev, Jon Spencer and Mogwai.  The line-up,
performing in the two indoor venues, will be announced over the next two
weeks and as before, there will be several surprise guests and secret
acts performing impromptu sets.  Five-a-side football, the swimming
pool, and the uninhabited endless beaches are all there for your
enjoyment, even the crazy golf and go-karts will be open this time
round.  The gates will open at midday on the Friday to avoid queues and
once again in-chalet-entertainment will be provided, showing over forty
movies and up to the minute coverage of the event.

The apartments sleep 4, 5, 6 and 7 people.  Numbers are strictly limited
to 2,600 standard tickets priced at £90 - and 100 VIP tickets priced at
£130.  The ticket price includes three night's accommodation and access
to the site's numerous facilities, including the bars that seldom shut.

Tickets can be purchased in person, by credit card or over the Internet
exclusively from Ticket Web.  They go on sale at midnight, Friday 4th
june over the Internet - and at 10am on Saturday 5th June on the credit
card hotline.  A returnable damages deposit of £10 will be added to each
ticket at the point of sale.

For ticket information, please contact Ticket Web on 0171 771 2000 or
online at http://www.ticketweb.co.uk

***

the list of confirmed bands is as follows:

stereolab
the tindersticks
shack
tortoise
yo la tengo
high llamas
arab strap
the delgados
bardo pond (tbc)
blonde redhead (tbc)
gorkys zygotic mynci
snow patrol
radar brothers
clinic
laika
scott 4
ten benson
plaid
plone
salaryman
national park
motor life co.

pavement will NOT be playing despite the rumours and there should be
more bands added next week.  oh, and no b&s either ... :(

the promoter is popping in today and we will get contact details from
them to pass on to you all so you can find out more information, as we
don't know any more than is listed above!  the 'bowlie' site is still
online at http://www.jeepster.co.uk/bowlie/ which has info about the
site and the runnings of the april fest, we're not sure if there will be
a new site created for 'all tomorrow's parties' but we will have that
info tomorrow too :)

***

a few more updates on the Looper U.S. gigs ...

*the 4th of july show is at irvine meadows 4th of july festival thing
(california), not at oak canyon ranch.  "This Aint no Picnic"-sonic
youth. sunny day real estate.sleater kinney. guided by voices.
superchunk. the boredoms. the get up kids. rocket from the crypt. mike
watt. apples in stereo. will oldham. hovercraft. orbit. scarnella. at
the drive in. the killingtons. crash cart (lineup subject to change) @
oak canyon ranch, irvine. starts at 12pm *tickets are $25+ service
charge*

*apparently the San Francisco date @ Great American Music Hall has
changed, so Looper now appear on July 6th instead of the 7th.

*the URL for the venue for the seattle date is http://www.arospace.com/
or http://seattle.sidewalk.com/detail/45669

(thanks to paul, eric, ryan, troy and adam for all the extra info)

***

i'm off, have an ace weekend ... anyone got any tips for staying cheery
whilst flathunting?  :(  np - add n to (x) and luna recent lp's.  oh,
check out the b&s website as you can download your very own b&s
wallpaper for your desktop - http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk - i
can't quite replace my damon one yet though ... *sigh*

cheers,
katrina.

        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
 	               http://www.jeepster.co.uk/