Sinister: dont want acceptance, dont want tradition

erika balsom ebalsom at xxx.net
Fri Jun 4 14:17:10 BST 1999

hello everyone!
> You'll have to forgive me for being blinkered, the only view I have of
>american school life is Saved By the Bell. (but i do know all the words >to
the theme tune).
well, i'm not american, but my (canadian) high school has been compared to a
bad american sitcom many, many times. not only do we have completely
segregated cliques of people, but there are also names put on the places
they sit in school at lunch!  the bottom floor of my school is a square, and
there is one hallway that leads off of it with the theatre and music rooms.
this hallways is nicknamed "loser hall" since it's where the so-called
"artsy" kids hang out.  it's really terrible- if any crossing-over happens
between groups, it's talked about all over school ("Like, you just like
don't like do that!"), that is, if it's anyone important enough......the
main differences between my school and bayside( the saved by the bell
school) are  that instead of using the "geeky" kids to do homework, and then
make fun of, the "cool" kids just ignore them completely.  and instead of
football being the cool sport to play, it's hockey. oh, and we aren't
friends with our principal.
erika xox