Sinister: An overprivileged whiteboy responds

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 4 17:08:00 BST 1999

In a message dated 6/4/99 11:33:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mark at HITEntertainment.com writes:

<< I'm not sure I can explain it, either - it just seemed so comfortable yet
 exciting, full of possibilities - probably because all the things that the
 American kids explored looked so much fun and expressed a more exciting
 culture and I just wanted to be a part of it. South London seemed so banal,
 though I betcha it's not half as banal as some of my little fantasies. >>

Interestingly enough, (growing up in the US) I always wanted to live in
England. England was the province of things like accents, foreign films,
queens of both the royal and freddy mercury sort, and lower drinking ages. I
still do want to live in England, after visiting it. I grew up in the
South-East bit of the US, and there's a lot of nice things here. And many not
so nice ones, too. I suppose that as people get older, they realize that
there are good things to be found wherever they are.
	Still, reminiscing about young dreams is a nice feeling, i think.
Which brings up my segue into Calvin and Hobbes. I like the world that Calvin
lives in. It's so uncomplicated by adult things like:
 Names for Calvin's parents., either first or last
  any sort of definite floor plan for the house. Calvin's room is upstairs,
and so is the bathroom. that's all i know.
    So is Hobbes real or not? and does Calvin actually transmogrify?

In related news, if you value Bill Watterson's opinion at all, DO NOT buy
anything with Calvin or Hobbes on it. They are all ripoff bootlegs and are
stolen stolen stolen.
Mr Watterson said that he will never license anything other than books to be
sold with his artwork in them. He thinks of Calvin like a parent does a
child, and it makes him angry to see things like Calvin pissing on various
images,  Calvin and/or Hobbes stoned or drunk, and the like. Plus he makes no
money from it.

defiantly continuing the self indulgent threads

      dave*

        planning on hitting the DC pic-nic scene next week