Sinister: I wish I Could Crunch Math Problems For Breakfast

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Sat Jun 5 03:52:16 BST 1999

Dear List,

You know...I`m actually gonna talk music... I decided to buy this Godspeed
You Black Emperor..and well,thankyou Sinister for making me a hit with the
HMV boys, geez,they went nuts,anyways..I was shocked to find out they`re
from Montreal! Interesting..I feel..proud, really I do.I was playing them
late at night and it was an experiene, I mean, they`re no Dubmatique,but
still. Oh,a weird thing: My teacher grabbed the headphones from me,and he
likes them too.

Alright,I`m going to talk about a festival that hasnt nothing to do with
Bowlie,so 99 percent of you won`t care,but blow me bowlie anyways.Canadian
listees: Are any of you going to the Ottawa Blues Fest? (Hey,hey..i`m cool)
Aretha cancelled but but but the lineup is now as follows:
Smokey Robinson (mmmmmmmm),Little Richard,Booker T & The MG`s,Eric
Burdon,Rod Pizazza & The Mighty Flyers,Lil` Ed And The Blues Imperials,John
Hiatt,Otis Taylor,Denise LaSalle,Bobby Rush,Gladys Knight

there`s tons more in the gospel tent and all that,but im just typing what
the flyer says. I`m going to be volunteering there,wiping the sweat off of
furrowed brows.

the whole high school thing:
Sometimes (well most of the time) I just hate being in school,especially
during the summer,those stuffy classrooms and never-ending lessons,horrible
tests,those are things I won`t miss...but the people,yeah some people can be
asses,but don`t you find that anywhere,at all stages in life? The
friends,that`s what makes everything GOOD about it..it get`s me really
depressed...you always hear those stories about how most people don`t have
friends with ANY of their friends from high school when they`re older,it`s
really sad for me,I mean..what if you don`t find friends like that ever
again? It`s different rules it seems to,at school,you can just meet
someone,see them at a party,and sometimes you`re instantly bonded,but i
don`t think it`s the same later... I wouldn`t believe all those stereotypes
if I were you, sure,some places are awful. It seems at schools currently
it`s the goths that get picked on,but I have to be honest here (I`m not
saying ALL goths do this so don`t freak out on me) a lot of goths (well at
my school anyways) will wear capes and makeup and strange things...and its
just begging for attention, if they don`t want the attention,then why do
they so desperately rely on it?(not just goths,all sorts of people,I`M NOT
LABELING HERE) I mean,if we live in a world where people can`t accept others
because of their skin,you think you can just waltz around with whatever you
want and no one`s going to say anything? maybe it`s sad,but it`s reality.
And we ALL have our own problems,all this victim crap, some people have
really serious problems and they learn to deal with it. Yes,you`ve really
got to be careful with stereotypes,I  mean, not ALL jocks are dumb,just like
not all nerds can`t live without their bunsen burners.Being fit IS important
too, you cant have all books and learning.They go hand in hand. Sound
body,sound mind you know? I wish I had a Super Nerd brain anyways,god how I
do! It`s not funny! Some people can just be like `oh I didnt study and I got
100% on my chem test` I would kill for that! And hey-- being friends with
the teacher`s? There`s NOTHING wrong with that,it doesn`t mean your a
teachers pet. Sleeping with your teachers to get better grades is ok too. Ha
ha..just kidding.Although Mr.Kincaid (the substitute teacher) is delicious.
He`s married though,with a kid and everything, why are they always married.
le grand sigh.

And maybe it`s just me....but how can you not like Prom? Prom Passion!The
dresses,the date (well,sometimes the date is dreamy)the corsages,dancing,all
the primping...sigh...it`s BEAUTIFUL, the one chance you really get to be a
princess (or prince,however you like it).I`ve got Seventeen`s from ages back
in 93 and the prom fashion spreads were always so gorgeous...the flowy
dresses,the girls running on the beach..*sniff* ok,maybe I wouldn`t be so
eager if my Prom was held in our gym or something,but still...man,its PROM!

Stu D`s Winter Wooksie: What`s it all about? I have my own ideas,but you
will all think I`m obsessed when I share them.I have invaded Stuart David`s
concious with my constant pestering,I KNOW IT. Stuart Babe: Don`t fight
it.Let it take you over.

I have my own idea to Lazy Line Painter Jane as well..but that`s an old
thread isn`t it?

Sometimes I do wish I could`ve gone to high school in the 50`s. That whole
Innocent America (I know it`s probably the rose-coloured glasses and all)
really appeals to me.Going to the Malt Shoppe with Your Boy.Wearing poodle
skirts and sighing hopelessly about Bobby Junior.Doing the Locomotion at
birthday parties! Jukeboxes. Putting posters of Paul Anka up on your
walls.Paul Anka got much more cooler in the 70`s though didn`t he? I don`t
like that Diana song (he warbles) but I like that hippy one `You`re Having
My Baby! I`m a woman in Love...etc`

Ah sorry Blake that my spot in your heart has been taken.It`s exam times
here. And NO,not the fun exams like the university people do,the
horrendous,reduces me to tears ones. The university ones look fun.I`ve seen
the students...all they do is is sit out in those lovely cafes on warm
summer evenings and drink! No,I`m not bitter. Just because they all have
their,ooh,hip univeristy girlfriends and they probably do all these artsy
things,I`m not bitter.