[RE]Sinister: sententiousness is the best policy while sentencing (a new causative)

Jordi Trenzano i Vilar jordi-tv at xxx.com
Sat Jun 5 10:57:10 BST 1999

Young John wrote:

>>Regarding Erica's and Alisa's emails, they both have good points, and it
>>is possible that they had different experiences.  There was a film
>>out a few years ago. and I think a short-lived TV spinoff from it. called
>>"Welcome to the Dollhouse" that brought it up all over again for me.
>>(It's actually a part of my present experience, but not in the same way,
>>as aging seems to have dulled my sensitivity to it.)  I guess it could be
>>the change in perspective really does not give you the same access, in the
>>same way it is difficult to imagine the fear of walking down a dark
>>hallway when you were four.

I can´t be more agree. I saw "welcome to the dollhouse" a year ago (it´s Todd Solondz very first movie) and it´s quite representative of some of my school years. It´s not that I see myself in the main caracter, obviously (it´s a thin girl with big glasses) but it shows the cruelty of some kids in our school years. Maybe Solondz suffered this kind of things when he was a kid, because I can´t imagine other way of creating such representative situations.

Another topic: please stop e-mailing me about the Barcelona´s gig. I´ve got at least 10 people waiting for a copy, so I´ve got to close my "shop". I´ll e-mail you personally to each one of you. I´m gonna get the valid copy of the gig in a few days, so you´ll have to wait, and I´m afraid it´s going to take a few more days, because I´m in my exams now.

Some Jeepster-questions: Is it true that Salako will also be playing the Benicàssim festival, in august ? is there any little chance of having B&S in that festival ? you´ll see, the dates are quite appropiate, I think.

Have a fabulous saturday.