Sinister: Cecilia the breaker of hearts...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Sat Jun 5 22:37:39 BST 1999

I just wanted to thank the infinitely lovely Molly Belinski for sending me
the tape of B&S's Bowlie performance.  I haven't had a chance to check it out
yet but if its half as good as the package was adorable it'll be fantastic!
I almost bought some archaic instrument known as a zither today but I had a
bunch of questions about tuning/changing strings etc., and the salesman was
less than approachable to say the least.  Does anyone know anything about
them?  On the face of it they appear to be of some relation to harps, but
they lie horizontal as opposed to standing vertically.  They have ALOT of
strings and they lie very close together, leading me to reason that they're
played with a pick or picks, but I'm probably wrong.  If anyone knows
anything about these really odd, but great sounding instruments please email
me privately so's the list can get on with debating the beauty of Elliott
Smith (self-entitled record makes me sniffle) and Jarvis vs. Damon in a
steelcage match and whatnot (I'm giving Jarvis the edge here...anyone?).
Well, thats that and maybe a little less

Steve - who, eventhough the man has disappeared off the earth, still wants to
give Gavin Rossdale a good thrashing.

PS- Sorry for the semi-violent nature of the posting.  I'm actually in quite
a jolly mood so I have no idea where the cage matches and thrashings came
from.  Any psychoanalysts out there care to read a bit deeper into this?