Sinister: The cigarettes make it more sinister still.

Kimberly Rehak rehakk at xxx.edu
Mon Jun 7 13:17:47 BST 1999

good morning you lot!
that subject line is plagarized, so i must give due credit to john updike
because, well, he's the one who wrote it.  it's a sentence in the very
beginning of "rabbit, run" which i am reading right now (well,  not at
this very moment but, well...)  incidentally, i've only started the
book--i think i am on page 20 or something, but that's with small print
and everything--but i really like.
and i guess that that quote relates to me in some way because i just came
back from having a morning sneak o' the ciggy (a mint nat s!)
i just saw (in the bathroom after the cigarette) that i had a bloody nose
last night.  it was really faint, dried, crusty (ew, sorry), etc. because
i literally rolled out of bed, grunted a few times, put on the clothing i
had yesterday (including my cute new shoes), and stumbled out the
door--never once looking in the mirror.  maybe i knocked myself in my
sleep (i'm v. self-abrasive).  but i just thought that that was rather
odd considering that the last (and first) time i had a bloody nose was in
ninth grade when i went to the bathroom to escape geometry class.

anyway, i DID have a reason for posting and acting as a litter bug to all
those 1100+ inboxes...

oh yes, i believe it was the adored lesley jo who suggested that b&s have
a gig at the warhol here in pittsburgh.  and i say "yeah, what a
wonderful idea": and if the don't readily relent, then let's tie them up,
give them a little bloody nose and force them too!  wow, i'm not really
that violent (actually i abhor violence).  but i DO tend to get a bit
obsessive about things so maybe that's the reason for that sudden
outburst.

on the subject of fraternities/sororities, at my school, they actually
formed from these debating societies of the school (i had to write an
article about that).  but it really depends on the person.  yes, i don't
understand why people would pay to be part of a group like that but i
understand that some people just *like* it.  i know that my mum joined a
sorority because she had no friends who were female.  i also know a
seemingly friend of mine who joined a fraternity and then stopped talking
to me and avoided eye contact.  but i also have a friend who became much
nicer to me after he joined one (though he wouldn't take me to their
formals--when he needed a date and i said i would go with him he laughed
at me).  so the majority are like that, but there are some lovely
exceptions.

anyway, here i could add all my troubling years of growing up without
friends (sadly, unlike jessicaxo, with only bad top40 music until a few
years back)  but i'll go now instead.

i think my nose may be bleeding again,
KIMberry
	xx