Sinister: is that fratboy up your ass or are you just happy to see me?

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Mon Jun 7 16:13:43 BST 1999

oh my, so much talking.  i think that the fratboy thing is probably
something that is certainly seperated from b&s.  some people are good and
some are bad, some want to be in frats and some don't.  all groups will
have assholes and nice people.  it's the same thing over and over.  there
are definitely problems with the american public school system.  and i find
that in a great many places, not just school, there is little tolerance for
people who have different ideas and tastes from the norm.  i found that
life got much better when i learned not to give a shit.  mind you, it took
awhile, and sometimes i relapse, but i find it very helpful overall.

er, alright, that had nothing to do with anything.  i'm sure i got negative
miller points on that one.

about a year or so ago there was an article in vanity fair written by a
woman who had had a relationship with jd salinger when she was 17 and he
was in his early 40s.  it's an interesting article.  i'm of the sort that
enjoyed catcher in the rye, but i tend to think he's overrated as a
cultural icon.  but then, he's one of those people where people don't just
like his books, they tend to LOVE his books, and they tend to fixate on
them and forget to read other books.  and they tend to annoy me until i
want to beat them.

on bomb threats, the other middle school in my town used to receive bomb
threats all the time.  you see, when a school receives a bomb threat, the
state law makes it pretty much mandatory to not have school for the day, as
everyone needs to get way far away and stay outside while it was thoroughly
searched.  it seems that these threats often coincided with test days.
there were never any actual bombs found.

my recent project has involved attempting to cultivate marketable skills.
it's not working very well.

xoxo
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu