Sinister: any good books that fit in trouser pockets?

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 7 16:25:09 BST 1999

Hello,

Today is a good day. Wake up with a hangover and tired and get a brief
taste of what life must be like for the beer stinker Paula Booze
Explosion... and on a school night too!
Then in my drowsy state realise both the Pavement and Dr Robert albums are
out today. Hurrah! Then I get an E-mail at work asking if I want tickets to
see The Super Furries. Hurrah! Then I get a phonecall saying my All
Tomorrow's Parties chalet is booked. Thrice Hurrah!
Admittedly my ticket currently costs £210 as there's only two of us but it
all works out in the end doesn't it? This unhealthy optimism surely can't
last. Maybe I'll do something really daring today like talk to someone on
the bus home. Maybe not...

And a big "Hi!" to Kimberley. I'm too am reading "Rabbit, Run" at the
moment and enjoying it a lot. Though ,unfortunately, I can't think of
anything witty of intelligent to elaborate upon this and it would probably
be annoying if I mention anything after page 20... Oh and Salinger's
"Laughing Man" is a fantastic short story too so I'll agree with whoever
said it was. Sorry I'm too lazy to look. Nine Stories is brilliant,
particularly because it just about fits in my trousers pocket. If anyone
can recommend me any similarly small books it would be cool as those tube
journeys can be very dull.

Te ra,

Martin