Sinister: news update - b&s related 07/06

katrina house a-and-r at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 7 18:13:48 BST 1999

hi everyone,

sorry these are so frequent at the moment, but there's loads happening,
so just thought i'd share :)

*LOOPER*

i've had loads of people mailing me regarding the July 4th gig, the show
is at Oak Canyon Ranch as part of the Sonic Youth "This Ain't No Picnic"
mini-festival.  it starts at 12pm and tickets are $25 + booking fee.
there is a site with info at http://208.242.114.231/nopicnic/
sorry about all the change of details with this one ...

*BELLE & SEBASTIAN*

we finally have a release date for 'tigermilk' in the u.s. through
Matador, they're heading for Tuesday 13th July (after the UK release on
July 12th and Japan on July 8th), so no matter where you are in the
world you should be able to get a copy the week of release.  Matador and
Virgin Japan are releasing only on CD, but are distributing UK copies of
the LP so if you're a vinyl-junkie it shouldn't be that hard.  We're
still taking pre-orders though in the Jeepster shop -
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ ...

there is another B&S inspired club night coming up in London this Friday
11th June, it's called 'Tigermilking' and it's at Upstairs @ The
Garage.  here's the blurb ... on June 11th you are all invited to a club
night extraordinaire. there will be bands, DJs and plenty of like minded
people listening to music your mind will like. It will cost you just £5
to get in or £4 for concessions, or the wearing of a B&S t-shirt or
badge. Tigermilking starts at 8pm and ends at 3am. Bands will be on
between 8.45 and 11pm.

so be there or be in watching C4 telly ... which is good, but not *that*
good ...

that's it for now ...

cheers,
katrina.