Sinister: The beach was deserted, except for some kelp...

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 8 13:56:51 BST 1999

which, in my world, is a very funny line from a Dylan song featured in
'Don't look back' (especially when said in sing-song Dylan accent).

Hurrah! Pretty in Pink [snip].  I may waffle at length to the people who
mentioned it later but I shall contain myself to the list in general.

I'm very hung over today cos I got battered with The Yo-Yos (Danny from The
Wildhearts' new band) last night after they played in Cheltenham.  They
Rawk! (and roll too) And they are very funny.  And they have quiffs (but
their roadie has  bigger one).  The Cardiacs are playing tonight, but I
don't know anything about them, any opinions (like, duh, stoopid question).
That's the best thing about this list, someone always has an (usually
informed, or at least funny) opinion on everything.

Is anyone else going to Glastonbury?  Perhaps we could have a picnic in the
Stone Circle (preferably when The Corrs are playing, as I want to be as far
away from **that** as is humanly possible).  For anyone who is going, please
repeat the following mantra five times a day between now and the festival:

itcantpossiblyrainthreeyearsinarowitcantpossiblyrainthreeyearsinarowitcantpo
ssiblyrainthreeyearsinarow

(but I'll certainly be taking my wellies with me, anyway)

That Graham bloke said:

but like it or not, cliff [Jones from Gay Dad] is a stud and no mistake.

Erica, darling, how can someone so right be soooooo wrong.  I'm not sure why
I don't like Gay Dad (which is very annoying, like having a itch in the
middle of your head that you can't scratch), but I'm coming to the
conclusion that it's got something to do with Cliff Jones' unerring ability
to be completely wrong about just about everything, eg on Jo Whiley saying
Suede's new stuff is better than their old stuff [WRONG!] and that the
Hepburn single is good [WRONG!].  As I said before I love opinionated people
(Billy Bragg on the same show the previous week was ace, and he mentioned
Thatcher and everything), but he, oooh, he just annoys me, and that isn't
what I want from my pseudo-glam pop stars, oh no.

What I want is Ewan McGregor getting his willie out, lots of glitter and
blue hair.  I thought Velvet Goldmine was pretty cool, esp. the fantasy
bits, but had to stop thinking "so is he meant to be Bowie or Bolan" about
half way through as it was driving me up the wall.

Oh, I think I might have found a drummer too, so Carsmile could yet be
resurrected from it's still smouldering ashes.

Apols for the very waffly nature of this post, will try harder next time

xoxo
CarsmileSteve