Sinister: ...let me ride away...

andrew dean koogy at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 8 16:01:55 BST 1999

from nme.com
> BELLE & SEBASTIAN's set at the Bowlie Festival last month will be
> broadcast on Radio 1 on July 5 on the Steve Lamaq show. Insiders
> say as much as 45 minutes could be broadcast.

and us sceptics say that they'll do what they did to the Black Sessions
and play roughly a third of it... pah. they played for over 75 minutes
at the actual show. i just hope it's the second half they broadcast.

a friend of mine knows steve lamacq and says nothing but good things
about him. bit i think he's the devil. that said, the same person talked
all the way through The Pine's set at the recent church hall gig thing
so
what does he know? pah!

andy
(off topic stuff follows)

getting rid of ants without killing them? it was easy in the end, i just
stopped leaving half empty glasses of weak lemon drink around the place
and they went looking elsewhere for their sugar rush. (i also had to
wipe down all the surfaces where the weak lemon drink had been standing
cos that seemed to be enough to attract them). i see the odd one or two
now but i can live with that. and remember: don't step on an ant,
they've done nothing to you...

i'm off to los angeles tomorrow for two weeks. just thought i'd give
everyone else in LA a chance to move to new york rather than have to
endure eating indian food with me... pah!

(oh john m: i'll take your tapes with me and post them when i get there.
dave m: thanks for that. nick d: md is in the post.)

the computer thing in pretty in pink: it was a film, it wasn't real.
keanu stops bullets in mid air in the matrix. that wasn't real either.

(whoops, given away the ending, sort of. still, go and see it, it was
good in a cyberpunk / hong kong film industry acrobatics and shooting
kind of way)

oh, and didn't roger hargreaves die? isn't that why the books now say
copyright mrs roger hargreaves, cos the rights are in her name now? just
a thought.

i've read 'imaginary girlfriend' if it's the john irving book you were
talking about (arantxa? was that you asking this?). i liked it but it's
a departure from his usual stuff in that it's strictly autobiographical,
it's stories of his past and mainly about wrestling (greco-roman rather
than the hulk hogan type)(actually, having just flicked through it again
it's ALL about wrestling although there are plenty of asides). never did
get more than halfway through 'son of the circus' though. one of these
days...