Sinister: If I needed someone to love...

Natasha Rachel lyricjunkie at xxx.com
Tue Jun 8 19:42:48 BST 1999

...you're the ones that I'd be thinkin' of,
Sinisterinos.

Now pay attention.  Teri let us know ages ago
that she and Debbie are coming to London all the
way from Toronto, and suggested a London picnic.
I'm going to be there at the same time as well,
and now it's closer to the time I'm reminding
everyone of it.  I'll say it again for the people
in the back who might not have heard.  A PICNIC.
IN LONDON TOWN.  THE FIRST WEEKEND OF JULY.

>From what I gather, the demon drink manages to
sneak its evil way into these affairs, so it'll
be a Pissed In Camden NIC.  I can't be bothered
to think of words starting with N, I and C, so
anyone who's got the imagination is welcome to.
hoNey's International Children, maybe, but I
think that's stretching it a bit far.

I'm sure no one needs much of an excuse to attend
an afternoon of fun and frolics in the park, but
here's one reason you should come: it'll be
almost exactly a month after the Greenwich one,
so everyone will have had plenty of time to
recover from the last picnic.  And we can do our
bit to keep the local public houses in business
afterwards.

Just in case anyone's forgotten, there's going to
be A PICNIC IN LONDON and EVERYONE should show
up.  All that shouting's made me hoarse.

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Struan can't
spell.  So when he says "dream of horses" he
means "dream of hoarses".  And that Judy - she
doesn't exist.  Struan made her up to cover up
the fact that he's the one dreaming of hoarses,
and that hoarse person is me.  We've been having
a clandestine love affair, you see.  It's more of
a sex affair, really.  The boy's insatiable.  So
Ian was right when he said the horses/hoarses
were an obvious sexual metaphor.  Struan thinks
of little else.

The only part of the affair I don't like is
picking up the phone to hear "Hello.  It's Mrs
Murdoch here.  Stuart's mum."  It sends shivers
up and down my spine, and not the nice kind.  The
woman is just so bloody critical.  I think Stuart
tells her everything.  She hasn't shown her face
on the list for a while, though, and I'm
beginning to get worried.  Are you out there, Mrs
Murdoch?

One more time, for the people who were staring
out the window daydreaming before:  London
picnic.  Remember it.

Natasha xx