Sinister: Just a quickie (ooh, matron)

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 9 14:18:30 BST 1999

Can people stop asking me for tapes now?  Everyone who wrote thus far is
getting one (I'm in the middle of writing to you all now) and I can't do
any more or my stereo will probably explode, though expect share prices
in TDK to go up as I buy a mountain of blank tapes.  Only cos you've all
offerd me nice tapes in return though :)

There will be tapes going to the States and to some European people too,
so I guess it's up to them if they want to offer to tape them for people
a bit more local to them.  Someone mentioned to me about doing a tape
tree, but I'll leave it up to him if he wants to organise that :)

Sorry about anyone else that wants tapes, but I just can't do any more I
don't think.  It's someone else's shot now, but I reckon I am doing 14
copies now, and I know Nick has sent some to people too, so they are
multiplying over the world.

Oh, and to clarify, there's not a *real* kissing booth at All Tomorrow's
parties, unless Trousers feels like splashing his cash in order to
procure the services of that nice Mr Dastoor again.  It's all lies, I
tell you.  Just ignore me.  They're probably not going anyway.  Though
lots of you are, aren't you?

Big Stu confessed:
> When I was at a party on Saturday night, very
> drunk off scrumpy and absinthe (which don't mix as well as might be
> hoped), I was caught kissing a good friend's girlfriend, while he was in
> the room next door. So what the hell should I say to them next time I see
> either of them?

Well it depends if you kissed her or she kissed you.  If she kissed you,
then you call her a slag and tell your mate his girlfriend's not good
enough for him.  If you kissed her, leave the country.  Watch Eastenders
this week for tips on how to steal money and run out the back door while
big scarey blokes come looking for you at the front door.

Though of course you could deny all knowledge, blaming your defective
memory on two of the worst beverages known to man.  Except El Dorado,
buckfast, MD20/20 and all the other things that people hanging around
Paisley after dark all drink.  But they don't (presumably) have the
privilege of an Oxbridge education, I don't know, bloody students, kids
today etc etc (as an old curmudgeonly ex-student sort for all of two
weeks, I get to be all patronising now.  I'm just jealous cos Cambridge
didn't want me)

Oh, and I would talk loads about the Lilac Time if I thought anyone was
in the slightest bit interested.  Thread content:  Stephen Duffy was
once in Duran Duran.  What goes around, comes around, as wise old people
sometimes say.  Not me, I'm not wise though.  Or really that old.
Honest.

Ailsa xx

P.S.  I lied.  Richard Colburn *does* use the word "twee" in the B&S
documentary.  But it's in a disparaging way.  Mick Cooke also says that
B&S merely write nice songs with nice tunes.  When we all know it's a
little bit more than that :)