Sinister: **** B&S COMPETITION ****

Alan Singfield alan.singfield at xxx.com
Wed Jun 9 15:56:27 BST 1999

WIN THREE DOZEN FREE RANGE EGGS WITH BELLE AND SEBASTIAN!

	Has anyone seen those *fantastic* videos that Karaeoke machines have
to distract you when you are reading the words? The lyrics of the song are
taken entirely at face value, and converted to three-minute videos with a
complete absence of abstraction.

This is what I saw for Pulp's Common People:

	This neddish (common-people-looking) couple are dancing around in
their woodchip-wallpapered flat, which, the camera has imaginatively panned
up to, to show it is above a shop. They have neatly-cut hair. Night falls. A
cockroach climbs the wall. She opens her address book at the "DAD" page, and
looks concernedly at the telephone. Et cetera, et cetera.

Anyway, my B&S competition is:

	The prize of 3 dozen free range eggs is on offer to whoever can
produce a Kareoke video to Lazy Line Painter Jane that you could show to
your grandmother.

The (slightly contradictory) rules are:
1. No skipping out lines or verses just because they have rude words in. Or
using st*rs or anything like that.
2. Skip out lines or verses you can't think of anything funny for.
3. My grandmother will be used as the datum of grandmotherly decency. She
has been pushing up daisies for the last 40 years.
4. You should post your entry to the sinister list.
5. You can vote for your favourite by emailing me with "eggs" in the subject
line.
6. I will be at All Tomorrows Parties, so the winner can collect the eggs
there.

	Just think of those lovely omelettes...

Spanners.
	>--<

IMPORTANT!
For comfortable and safe use, please read the Safety & Comfort guide.