Sinister: horses, movies, Peej, hesse, tigermilk, DC, gobetweens, and masturbation.

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Wed Jun 9 21:40:35 BST 1999

chris mcquain:
Polly Jean
looks drop-dead cool in it, though, and it's only an hour long, so if you do
the Peej you may be interested in seeing it just for that.

yeah.  i'm not much of a film connoiseur, i rarely have time for movies.
they bore me to death mostly, and i constantly find things to criticise,
probably a result of growing up on Mystery science theater.  Basically i
just wanna  gawk at the coolness of polly jean, in hopes of someday
attaining such an aura of magnificence.   and i just think it's neat she's
playing mary magdalene.

ian brings up the  specter of sexual horses again, and dreaming of them.   i
tend to go for versatility in meanings.  i think judy could be dreaming of
freedom, and fancy--something of the innocence she's lost.  little girls
love horses. but there coudl also be that freudian sexual aspect to it.
maybe she's looking for a way to bring that REAL joy and innocence to her
sexuality and relationships now, they seem to have been fairly
disappointing.  she did it with a boy, but not much else is said, so i dont'
get the feeling she really found it that interesting.  she mostly stays by
herself.
Ironically, i just woke this morning from a dream of horses.  they were on
my mother's pasture.  there was a white one, Japanese Gypsy.  and a young
filly.  and a darker one, Black Galaxy.   they all jumped upon me with their
hooves on my shoulders, and  nipped at my hands. they were rather flighty
and naughty.  i wanted  very  badly to ride one of them  out in the
beautiful woods--the  sky was blue on one side, and black clouds and a gold
sunset were on the other, but they were not  well trained yet for me to
ride.   so i didn't ask.

can i say yet again that i despise all John Hughes movies and molly
ringwald, andrew mccarthy and all of those tools should have been dropped in
a deep deep well long long ago??

i have my gentle waves wallpaper up. now every time i turn on my computer,
my face shrinks up and hearts come   up from my eyes, and i squeal "AWWW!!"
and little bluebirds flit around my head chirping  joyful tunes.   tulips
spring from stones, and babbling brooks break the desert sands with silver
fish catching the rainbow rays of the jolly sun.   then Lesley Rankine
growls like a tiger and starts going at men's crotches with her machete.
Yeah!!!   (teehee, i love Ruby)

mm yes.  on the  subject of book recommendations, since i can't recommend
any movies (but todd solondz YESS) i read another Hermann Hesse book, _the
Prodigy_.  kind of depressing i spose, but i really liked it. it has BOYS
KISSING!!!  heehee. it's incredibly Sinister actually.  it has a young boy
who attends theological school in the pastoral countryside.  he spends a
summer wasting, and reads the gospel to himself, and the first time he
kisses a girl he gets terrified and runs off.    it's so b&s stuart could
have written a song about it.

thanks to JaMeS, i was recently introduced to the Go-Betweens.  acutally
they sounded different than i expected.  sometimes they make me think i'm
listening to James (the group, not the lovely lad who loves 'Bel as much as
i).  but they're pretty good.  and chances are, i was listening to the radio
one day and heard a song "bye bye pride" i knew i recognized.  but DAMN it
sounded like James.  and then the guy said it was go-betweens.  D'OH!!
but my favorite is still Felt, strange idol patterns. that name was in my
dream last night.  Felt is wonderful, especially the older ones where there
wasn't as much keyboard, i spose that's before the Duffy guy joined.  or
something.

i just tho't of a movie i liked--Angels and Insects.  I liked it rather.

Let's have
some solo love-pleasuring stories. Go on... you first...
*gasplutter*  me? you want ME to go first??? good sir.  i beg of you.  do
NOT compel me to idleness, yes desperation is the devils work, it is the
folly of a girl's mind that is not *exactly* empty, but filled with vacant
longings for an artgirl with beautiful arms...........

on another note, i did anagrams for stuart murdoch, and the best one that
came up was
"Oh, curt arm stud!"

I'd   have to agree with the rake Michael about tigermilk.  i only have a
crappy tape of it. and it blows my mind constantly.  i won't go inot it too
much, it could take hours and stuff.

MAYBE  i might be  in DC for the Looper show.  we're making plans at the
moment.  cos i wanna see magnetic fields, and my buxom bandmate christa
wants to party.l  so maybe i'll see you DCinisters sometime.  rock on, rock
of ages.  Love bites.  Rocket.

kay i  think i'll go now.  i dont' have a car today so i'm stuck indoors
writing to you losers.  *sigh*  and dreaming of the time i can settle down
with a nice girl for the rest of my life.  i think it would suit me quite
well.

*in love is so  tough on my emotions*
--the raincoats

LJ

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
they were like those gauche youths who turn up  to house  parties only to
cling to the dark corners  in chaste disdain, driven by the naive, vaguely
inhuman conviction that all merriment is a lie.
SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com