Sinister: Goldfish Do Not Bounce

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 9 23:23:23 BST 1999

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Ailsa Ross wrote:

> Big Stu confessed:
> > When I was at a party on Saturday night, very
> > drunk off scrumpy and absinthe (which don't mix as well as might be
> > hoped), I was caught kissing a good friend's girlfriend, while he was in
> > the room next door. So what the hell should I say to them next time I see
> > either of them?
>
> Well it depends if you kissed her or she kissed you.  If she kissed you,
> then you call her a slag and tell your mate his girlfriend's not good
> enough for him.  If you kissed her, leave the country.

Well, sort of both really. And I wasn't exactly trying to stop her. But
hey, I'm leaving the country on October 1st for about a year, so if I can
only hold out until then...

> Though of course you could deny all knowledge, blaming your defective
> memory on two of the worst beverages known to man.  Except El Dorado,
> buckfast, MD20/20 and all the other things that people hanging around
> Paisley after dark all drink.  But they don't (presumably) have the
> privilege of an Oxbridge education, I don't know, bloody students, kids
> today etc etc (as an old curmudgeonly ex-student sort for all of two
> weeks, I get to be all patronising now.  I'm just jealous cos Cambridge
> didn't want me)

I rarely think of an Oxbridge education as a priviledge, more of a
burden... You didn't miss much by not coming here, and ending up somewhere
that has a decent social life & enough money left after you've paid the
rent to afford it... (I'm just jealous cos Nottingham didn't want me...)

> Oh, and I would talk loads about the Lilac Time if I thought anyone was
> in the slightest bit interested.  Thread content:  Stephen Duffy was
> once in Duran Duran.  What goes around, comes around, as wise old people
> sometimes say.  Not me, I'm not wise though.  Or really that old.
> Honest.

"The greatest wisdom is in knowing that you are not wise". I can't remeber
who said that, but it sounds good.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but I read somewhere (Select
maybe?) that when Duglas was making the B&S documentary, he got so pissed
off with Stuart M refusing to be interviewed that he threatened to
disprove the myth about him being a former boxer by going round to his
house and beating the crap out of him. And that Sarah agreed to do an
interview, but only if she could wear a Darth Vader mask throughout...

Anyone fancy offering me a job for the summer?

Big Stu