Sinister: Subject Schmubject.. as if my letter has any useful info. ha!

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Jun 10 04:05:41 BST 1999

Please forgive me for this letter since it will contain almost no b&s
related info. I was never very good at keeping those pesky things called
rules. Even at an early age ~ much to the chagrin of my second grade
teacher, Ms Haskett, who didn't like my innovative reality based playtime.
Why let kids live in a little dream world where their buildings carefully
sculpted from blocks would stand? Why not introduce some natural disasters
of other randomly flying blocks? Our lives aren't always going to peachy-
wake up kids, we have to learn sometime! Who better to introduce them to the
real world than I? Mr. Rogers certainly wasn't going to do it. No no. But,
Ms Haskett disapproved and I ended up in the early eighties version of time
out. There began my first thoughts of rules being the enemy of intelligence.
Of course, after a while we all come to realize that rules are actually the
enemies of criminals. Details Details.

After spending half of the day in the emergency room yesterday, I discovered
the answer to the time honored question of "is pneumonia contagious?"  Yes,
my friends it is. Since, I'm stuck at home I decided to watch 'Pretty In
Pink' since it seems to be all the rage these days. Some interesting trivia
on the movie that you probably already know or really could do without
knowing..

-It was filmed in the same L.A. high school where Grease was made.
- The original ending depicted Duckie and Andie hooking up, however the test
audiences said they would have preferred to see rich boy Blane win Andie's
heart. Plus, Molly Ringwald was sick during the filming of the ending
(probably from seeing herself in that hideous pepto explosion of a prom
dress), and director John Hughes (also the writer) wasn't satisfied with the
editing. He was also concerned that audiences would take the original ending
as a message that poor people and rich people don't belong together (if
anyone else wants to help prove this stigma wrong then there's a poor single
girl who has a nice cd addiction that would love being fed).
-The Rave-Ups are the band playing in the club scene. Molly Ringwald
wapparently a fan of their music, and her sister had a child with one of the
band members. Also, in "Sixteen Candles", 'The Rave-Ups' is scrawled on the
notebook Molly's character is carrying while walking down a corridor after
study hall.

Well, thats all the drivel I'll bore with you now. Better 'Pretty in Pink"
than more The Who discussion. Though, I was quite disappointed when no one
brought up Dr. Who. Talk about genuis! And to leave you with a quote from
that show...

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep
and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else
the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.....

I'm off like a prom dress~ Lleweth

icq# 30616012
ps- would there happen to be any other of you in Utah? If so, please give me
hope that there are people around me with some semblance of taste in music.