Sinister: Ease your seat in the fey

Jan Imgrund jimgrund at xxx.fr
Thu Jun 10 12:25:13 BST 1999

Hi.

> And then came the Scorpions--"No One Like You," which is, bizarrely, a
> montage of their shows and wacky exploits during a tour of Japan.  Japan???
> The Scorpions???  How does that work?  Is that like the David
> Hasselhof/Germany connection--odd, strong, and perhaps never meant to be
> understood?  All very fascinating, I find.

Oh yes, fascinating. It's true, the Scorpions had a huuuuge following
in Japan at the time they had any following at all, which is long
ago. And no, I don't know the reason either.. you never know which
band will be "big in Japan".. I think the Cardigans were before they
got big everywhere else?
oh yes, last news on the Scorpions is that they dress, sing and play
like Rammstein now, but leave out the right-wing background.
Everybody else is doing it...

Celebrity: Until now I've succeeded in not meeting any famous person
at all, which is quite a feat in itself, seen the amount of them
nowadays.. I thought I'd bump into them at any corner in Paris, but
no. They're hiding. At least I've got a slight celeb connection,
because the father of Claudia Schiffer (the blonde stoopid german
model) was in the same class as my father for some years. According
to my father, he was a pretty wild guy, threatened to be thrown out
of school a few times. But now he's a respectable lawyer. I should be
angry on my father for not having kept contact to him....
Some hot & spicy inside information: Claudia really loves her cheesy
magician and really wants to marry him. That's not hot & spicy? well,
come to think of it.. it's not. It's just boring reality.

>> I'm listening to the Tindersticks. Beautiful. Wow. SO good!<<

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I love you whoever you are :)
That's a good ending for a bad post, I suppose.
I had lots of other things to comment on, but.. I forgot. I imagine a
sigh of relief running accross the earth, spanning continents, flying
over deep-blue oceans.. followed by a huge earth-shattering sound
created by the pressing of about 1075 delete-keys.
Simultaneously.

Jan

The Dark Site of the Moon:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/index.html
Tindersticks page:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/tinderpage/tinder.html
"We're ugly, but we have the music" - L. Cohen