Sinister: 'Can't repeat the past?' he cried incredulously,'Why of course you can!'

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Thu Jun 10 19:17:45 BST 1999

Hello one and all,
     I'm not going to Bowlie 2 cos I can't afford it, and I don't know if it's a good idea. The first one was special and I doubt, cynic that I am, this one will be as good. I'd like to see the Strap, and The Delgados again, and Stereolab with the lovely  Laetitia and her ice cool Euro grooves etc. Actually I'd quite like to go.  I'm just not going to.
   I saw a Bowlie and (I think) Sinister bloke at Rosita at The Monarch last week. Who was he? I was there with some nice B&S types meself. Emmy Kate still has 'Kenickie' stencilled on her silver gear box. That made me sad.
   Celebrity encounters. I met the lovely lovely Lauren Laverne at Bowlie. She was with Mogwai and Arab Strap. I told her she was really really good and I really liked her cos she's really really good. You know the sort of eloquent stuff I mean.
    TJ Roberts- I like your story in the Sinister library. I couldn't work it out though. At the end I thought 'Good, he's gonna change'.......then I wondered  'Aaah, but is he?'   Cos tomorrow never comes, does it? Very clever. Ambiguity. Like it , I like it.
   Re the Airplane-- when I slagged them recently I just meant that I used to think they were amazing but now I don't. Jack Casady was a great bass player though. (I should know, for I am one too. Ha ha). ' If you Feel' is a winner but 'Greasy Heart' is better, imo, a nice short dramatic song with Jack scaling the heights, Jorma doing his psyche blues wah thang and Gracie being sinister and cutting in a fried acid vocal stylee.
    Mike with his recent  post regarding Hal Hartley, Hartley Hare and a monorail.  Good one. I laughed out loud.
    Finally, where are these ubiquitous photos of Ailsa then? I haven't seen any. Has she had them removed or something?
    I'm off to give a trumpet lesson. Bye.

Rob

'Why live in the world when you can live in your head?'   Jarvis Cocker.