Sinister: Hello ... I'm new

LAWRENCE CHARLES MIKKELSEN LAWMIK00 at xxx.nz
Fri Jun 11 00:35:27 BST 1999

out of the nursery and into the fire ....
actually, it's been such a long time, at least a month I guess.
Anyway, I should introduce myself. I live in New Zealand, and B&S
fans are few and far between over here. I's studying Multimedia at a
tech here in Auckland because I couldn't get a job with my Arts
degree in English lit. and Philosophy.

When I first joined the list there was all this arguing about whether
the whole 'twee' thing was a put on to make people think more
highly of you, and the reaction to it, with some people going on
about how hard they were, and weren't twee at all etc. etc. (I know
this is old stuff, but you see I didn't have voice back then and I was
desperate to add my two cents.) I guess for me the whole appeal of
B&S is the fine line they walk between those two extremes. 'We all
know you're soft 'cause we've all seen you dancing, we all know
you're hard 'cause we've all seen you drinking from noon until noon
again' and 'She was into S&M and Bible studies' are two fine
examples of this.You don't need to polarise yourself to be a fan, or
react to that polarisation either. Well, there you go ... my two cents.

Also, anyone else from New Zealand on the list ... please mail me
privately. I'm trying to organise a picnic but I only know one other
fan here ......